Ireland

Hartford said:
some people on here need to get there academy glasses off hes
not good enough....end of...

he proved last year that he is good enough and capable, jsut needs to find that again.

mackenzie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Explain how he's not good enough this season but was incredible last season please mate, just so I can make sense of all this.

He's the same man who we had last season as far as I'm aware, he's just struggling for form at the moment.

Rooney was poor yesterday perhaps utd should sell?

Agreed TMQ.

And the posters that are banging on about Academy players seemed to be a bit obsessed.

I don't rate Ireland because he is an Academy player...it never even enters my head to be honest..

Idiots innit.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Hartford said:
some people on here need to get there academy glasses off hes
not good enough....end of...

Explain how he's not good enough this season but was incredible last season please mate, just so I can make sense of all this.

He's the same man who we had last season as far as I'm aware, he's just struggling for form at the moment.

Rooney was poor yesterday perhaps utd should sell?

They should sell, let's get in with a bid.

Where has this opinion that he was in his best position come from?

From what I could see he was asked to play as a second striker. This left him rather isolated, the ball generally being played over/past him to Adebayor or stuck in midfield with serial sideways passers De Jong and Barry. He looked lost and unsure of what he should be doing. I accept he didn't have a great game and there were a few times he should have done better but it looked to me like he was in a role he didn't know how to play.

[/quote] We really don't look like we know what to do when the ball reaches the half way line do we?[/quote]

No, we don't. Which any team that's been mixed up like ours wouldn't

'That lot' have taken a generation to play the way they do and Chelsea are getting there after about 5/6 settled years (Lampard/Cole/Cole/Terry/Drogba).

I wish we could #### off some of our fans. Wan###s.

I couldn't care if i get slated on here or not but all this shit about Ireland being a 1 season wonder is ridiculous! Yes he hasn't been in the best form of late but he started the season really well and looked to be carrying last season's form into this campaign. All of a sudden Hughes was playing him wide right and as a holding midfielder which clearly isn't him. Then along came the dizziness and illness with alot of niggling injuries, Ireland hasn't had a settled season and its seriously affecting his confidence. Even under Mancini he has been played out of position untill of late. Ireland is our most technically gifted player at the club and he hasn't gone shit over night like some would have you believe. Get the best out of Stevie at the top of a diamond behind Ade and Tevez and we will see him burst into life.

I BELIEVE IRELAND WILL BE BACK AS WE KNOW HIM, FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT AND STEVIE IRELAND IS CLASS

quiet_riot said:
bondsman said:
Great season last year but now back to the Ireland of old.

This.
Been in the team since he was 18/19, had one decent season, even then he was AWOL over Xmas and Jan.

He scored 2 and created 2 on Boxing day??

Immaculate Pasta said:
quiet_riot said:
This.
Been in the team since he was 18/19, had one decent season, even then he was AWOL over Xmas and Jan.

That was one of his best City performances in fact.

masterwig said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

That was one of his best City performances in fact.

I agree that Ireland isn't doing himself any favours at the minute but to disregard his wonderful season last year is abit shit. It's like saying Rooney is having a decent season but even then he was shit at the start of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.