Ireland

at the moment there are stories in the press saying he wants to move, and his performances support the idea he is unsettled. I was completely thrown by his interviews complaing that he was being played out of position. attacking midfielders are often asked to play in wide positions Gerrard, Lampard, Arteta, it's just part of the job. his attitude last season was brilliant, he didn't look for any excuses, just asked more of himself. I really want to see more from him, not only was his creativity missing today but his work rate was very disappointing. I hope he's just lacking in fitness (although I can't think why he should be that much off the pace) and we see the real steven ireland midweek. he is supposed to be an all action, self-starting dynamic force with the killer instinct. every static, passive, wasteful performance, every story in the papers, every excuse and missed opportunity is a rusty nail through my heart.

bizzbo said:
at the moment there are stories in the press saying he wants to move, and his performances support the idea he is unsettled. I was completely thrown by his interviews complaing that he was being played out of position. attacking midfielders are often asked to play in wide positions Gerrard, Lampard, Arteta, it's just part of the job. his attitude last season was brilliant, he didn't look for any excuses, just asked more of himself. I really want to see more from him, not only was his creativity missing today but his work rate was very disappointing. I hope he's just lacking in fitness (although I can't think why he should be that much off the pace) and we see the real steven ireland midweek. he is supposed to be an all action, self-starting dynamic force with the killer instinct. every static, passive, wasteful performance, every story in the papers, every excuse and missed opportunity is a rusty nail through my heart.

Huh ?

Did you see how many times we missed him out by hitting long ball at Ade's head/chest/general direction ??

Creative midfielders can only play with ball at their feet... anyone who's played the game can see this, surely ??

He looks to have lost all his confidence. Look at the sitter that he missed today - if he'd have been onside we'd all be gutted. I still think he's missing Robinho - he's not got the same understanding with anybody else but he's not a bad player and he'll hopefully come back to the form we all know he is capable of.

Jimmy Wheel said:
bizzbo said:

Huh ?

Did you see how many times we missed him out by hitting long ball at Ade's head/chest/general direction ??

Creative midfielders can only play with ball at their feet... anyone who's played the game can see this, surely ??

u cant defend ireland anymore, hes playing like he doesnt care

KingofDraw said:
Jimmy Wheel said:
Huh ?

Nonsense, he loves the club and you should know better.

He's playing like an unsettled bloke in his early 20's who doesn't know what what's happening to his club.... can you imagine how that feels ???

I imagine you were a paragon of virtue in your early 20's.

KingofDraw said:

Of course he "cares."

Mancini and Stevie shook hands as he walked off today, and their body language was good.

If Mancini didn't think Stevie cared I doubt he would even put him on the pitch.

Ireland probably only played today (o.k. yesterday as it's now past midnight) because Vieira was suspended.

Mancini has gone out of his way to give everyone in the squad a chance ( recall for Garrido / debuts for Boyata + Ibrahim + Cunningham etc) but clearly doesn't seem to rate Ireland.

Some of the posters on here live in a parallel world where only one fact is indisputable: namely that Ireland is a supreme talent.
In this world, if Ireland appears to be off the pace it is because:
i) He has been "messed around" and not played in his "proper" position
ii) He is short of confidence, but we will see the "real" Ireland if he is given a run of games
iii) He is tired / short of match fitness / over trained / under trained.
iv) He is not really off the pace at all and any City fan who dares to criticise him is an oik who does not appreciate the finer skills that only Ireland can offer.
v) It's all a conspiracy to allow a club like Utd to steal him away from under our noses because they are "huge admirers".

Stevie may be the most attack minded of our overly defensive midfield options, BUT that does not excuse him getting "lost" in games.
Against Liverpool, like in other games this season he was a peripheral figure with little flicks here and there but completely failing to influence the game.

Mancini does not have some historic love affair with Stevie Ireland , can see what he is contributing .... and is quite understandably reluctant to pick him in our first team.

Scooby Blue said:
Ireland probably only played today (o.k. yesterday as it's now past midnight) because Vieira was suspended.

Mancini has gone out of his way to give everyone in the squad a chance ( recall for Garrido / debuts for Boyata + Ibrahim + Cunningham etc) but clearly doesn't seem to rate Ireland.

Some of the posters on here live in a parallel world where only one fact is indisputable: namely that Ireland is a supreme talent.
In this world, if Ireland appears to be off the pace it is because:
i) He has been "messed around" and not played in his "proper" position
ii) He is short of confidence, but we will see the "real" Ireland if he is given a run of games
iii) He is tired / short of match fitness / over trained / under trained.
iv) He is not really off the pace at all and any City fan who dares to criticise him is an oik who does not appreciate the finer skills that only Ireland can offer.
v) It's all a conspiracy to allow a club like Utd to steal him away from under our noses because they are "huge admirers".

Stevie may be the most attack minded of our overly defensive midfield options, BUT that does not excuse him getting "lost" in games.
Against Liverpool, like in other games this season he was a peripheral figure with little flicks here and there but completely failing to influence the game.

Mancini does not have some historic love affair with Stevie Ireland , can see what he is contributing .... and is quite understandably reluctant to pick him in our first team.

Question:

In 12-months time, which midfielder would you prefer to have at your club:

a) Patrick Viera
b) Gareth Barry
c) Stephen Ireland

Answer:

we can easily replace a) or b) but a decent attacking midfielder will cost £££££m's.... and might not want to join us....... or might not fit in (robinho, anyone ??).

We have a young lad who loves the club and hasn't cost us a penny in transfers..... why not give him a chance ?

OK, I admit that at 32, I'm no spring chicken........ like Stevie, I'm sure you were all fully-developed, emotionally secure and at the top of your game at 25 years old !!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Voice-of-Reason

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.