Ireland

Esteban de la Sexface said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
We don't discriminate on here.

They're all shit (except Bellamy after he signed)

Look at how posters on here react to the mere mention of Manchester born and bred Michael Johnson! 'He's a fat drunk, my mates saw him in town etc'

:) I suppose every player has been called out at some stage on here!!

I agree that a lot of posters revert to lazy stereotypes, Adebayor gets a lot of stick that's totally unwarranted and all founded on ignorance, but I wouldn't say there's an anti Irish sentiment but then again with some people you never know...'no surrender' and all that.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
Simple question....

"Is it not possible to be a flair player and work hard?"

Of course it is.

but just because someone's going through a run of poor form and is short of confidence, doesn't mean they're not putting the effort in.

It's too simplistic.

And I'll stand toe to toe with anyone who thinks Ireland's not trying, which is what this thread's turned into.

The question wasn't directed at Stevie Ireland in particular, it just appeared that the debate was now moving on to what kind of players should be within a team with regards to "flair" and "work rate".

I don't see any of Scum, Chelsea, Arse or Dippers having flair players who don't give 100% work rate, not necessarily throwing themselves into challenges wildly but at least working at the max to get back into position or closing down the opposition - if they don't tow the line they are soon bombed out.

My view on Stevie from where I sat watching the game on Sunday was that, at times, he did not work hard enough to recover his position or close the dippers player down - hence therefore I don't see that there is anything wrong with people on here posting their opinion that he could have done more.

I understand when a ball doesn't find him and have posted before about how astonishing I think it is as to how many times I have seen him make the run and not get the ball played in to him this season, I also understand that it is acceptable for a player to just have a game when nothing comes off for them.

I am of the opinion however that, as has been alluded to by others, there is something not right for Stevie at the moment however without the facts about any potential health issues then all I can do is judge him when he is on the pitch wearing blue as he has therefore been deemed "fit to play".

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Of course it is.

but just because someone's going through a run of poor form and is short of confidence, doesn't mean they're not putting the effort in.

It's too simplistic.

And I'll stand toe to toe with anyone who thinks Ireland's not trying, which is what this thread's turned into.

The question wasn't directed at Stevie Ireland in particular, it just appeared that the debate was now moving on to what kind of players should be within a team with regards to "flair" and "work rate".

I don't see any of Scum, Chelsea, Arse or Dippers having flair players who don't give 100% work rate, not necessarily throwing themselves into challenges wildly but at least working at the max to get back into position or closing down the opposition - if they don't tow the line they are soon bombed out.

My view on Stevie from where I sat watching the game on Sunday was that, at times, he did not work hard enough to recover his position or close the dippers player down - hence therefore I don't see that there is anything wrong with people on here posting their opinion that he could have done more.

I understand when a ball doesn't find him and have posted before about how astonishing I think it is as to how many times I have seen him make the run and not get the ball played in to him this season, I also understand that it is acceptable for a player to just have a game when nothing comes off for them.

I am of the opinion however that, as has been alluded to by others, there is something not right for Stevie at the moment however without the facts about any potential health issues then all I can do is judge him when he is on the pitch wearing blue.

funny that, i wasn't at the game but he looked like the only one closing down. He didn't rush at them 100 miles an hour but he definitely closed down space.

I seem to remember Stevie remonstrating that as Ade, who should have been closing down, was standing with his hands on his hips.

It's hard to contain from the front when your midfield and defense are told to stay in your half.

He worked his as off making runs off the ball too, only to be bypassed time and time again in favour of a ball out wide, we then proceeded to have no one in the box!

It will click again for Stevie. He is too good for it not to.

That's a reasoned view point, Rammy.

Much better than most of this lot who were just calling him "a lazy bastard" or " a prick".

But on the subject of our competitors, Ronaldo used to quite regularly lose the ball in the opposition's half and just stand there making daft European mamma mia gestures whilst the opposition broke.

And he was pretty effective to be fair to him.

Didsbury Dave said:
That's a reasoned view point, Rammy.

Much better than most of this lot who were just calling him "a lazy bastard" or " a prick".

But on the subject of our competitors, Ronaldo used to quite regularly lose the ball in the opposition's half and just stand there making daft European mamma mia gestures whilst the opposition broke.

Practically won them the league and the european cup on his own. Imagine what they could have won if he'd spent 90 minutes covering for Evra or Neville at full back...the mind boggles!

Didsbury Dave said:

He did/does generally work very hard for the team though granted he did have his hands on hips moments when he lost the ball from time to time.

To be fair though it is possible to make exceptions for arguably the world's best player.

Eh?

mcfc_die_hard said:
the guy is a fucking plank

One season wonder that thinks hes made it because he has some pathetic little banner on the top tier.

Well i say burn the fucking banner to shreds because hes shit!

He had his chance to prove himself today and failed miserably because he is a shit house!

Sooner we get rid of him the better

mcfc_die_hard said:
Just wondering what names have you all had on your shirts over the past 2/3 years i have had Ireland 2 years ago Bojinov last year and this year i'v got WEV'E GOT ROBINHO going downwards on the orange strip.

mcfc_die_hard said:
what i am basing it on is who would i rather have playing for CITY and by the word city i mean that thats the reason for picking ireland over kaka simply because kaka is a money grabbing tw@t and ireland is in my opinion the best talent in english football at the moment in time. Also who says that people like pepe and metzelder will cut it over here tbh i think they are both dog sh*t however the whole point of the post was to say that city are not far of being a great side with maybe only 4-5 new additions and put it this way Barcelona will still rip trough them next simply because barca have the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Pique, all home grown talent who love the club. Real will end up with a team full of ecotistical w*****s which will get them no where.

Other players have taken a lot of stick on this site after just a couple of bad games . Stephen ireland is out of form and does not warrent his inclusion in the team at this moment in time .

BingoBango said:
Eh?

mcfc_die_hard said:
the guy is a fucking plank

One season wonder that thinks hes made it because he has some pathetic little banner on the top tier.

Well i say burn the fucking banner to shreds because hes shit!

He had his chance to prove himself today and failed miserably because he is a shit house!

Sooner we get rid of him the better

mcfc_die_hard said:
Just wondering what names have you all had on your shirts over the past 2/3 years i have had Ireland 2 years ago Bojinov last year and this year i'v got WEV'E GOT ROBINHO going downwards on the orange strip.

mcfc_die_hard said:
what i am basing it on is who would i rather have playing for CITY and by the word city i mean that thats the reason for picking ireland over kaka simply because kaka is a money grabbing tw@t and ireland is in my opinion the best talent in english football at the moment in time. Also who says that people like pepe and metzelder will cut it over here tbh i think they are both dog sh*t however the whole point of the post was to say that city are not far of being a great side with maybe only 4-5 new additions and put it this way Barcelona will still rip trough them next simply because barca have the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Pique, all home grown talent who love the club. Real will end up with a team full of ecotistical w*****s which will get them no where.

Now that's embarrassing. Jesus.

The epitome of the worst kind of football fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.