Ireland!!!

Did anyone else notice the size of the belly on him last night when he lifted his shirt walking off the pitch. Lack of Kung Fu training this year i think

mcfc2607 said:
he has not played well since he put all that muscle on IMO

Pile of arse mate. He was player of the year and scored over 10 goals in the season after he bulked up.

I really hope he stays but on current form he is not worthy of a place in the side. He played his preferred position last night in the space behind the main striker and still could not influence the game significantly.

If we play with a target man such as Adebayor then obviously Tevez must get the position floating behind. Twenty goals plus, 100 per effort dictates this.

For Ireland he has to convince in the role of central midfield, that he can provide the defensive cover and take responsibility, allowing the team to play with two wide men such as Bellamy or Johnson otherwise the options are limited for him.

Great talent but hasnt kicked on from last season, seems to disapear during a game and as a central midfielder, it's one position you can least afford for that to happen.

Still he has the talent, no more blaming managers, or positions, he has had the opportunities and now needs to prove himself. again. Still rate him highly and would be gutted if he was to leave.

If Adebayor is a target man then I am the jolly green giant and I've just won the lottery

HO HO HO Green .......

Neil McNab said:
If Adebayor is a target man then I am the jolly green giant and I've just won the lottery

HO HO HO Green .......

Ok lead striker if that suits better green giant. I think you get the point though.

Stevie was just settling into the game nicely when he was kicked out of it by the thug Heitinga. His chip through for Tevez was sublime and we had nobody else to pick a pass through a compact and well drilled Everton defence. The haters would do well to remember that the only time we have beaten them recently, last season away, was with a team containing Elano, Stevie and Robinho, the latter pair getting the goals and the former creating the first

LongsightM13 said:
Stevie was just settling into the game nicely when he was kicked out of it by the thug Heitinga. His chip through for Tevez was sublime and we had nobody else to pick a pass through a compact and well drilled Everton defence. The haters would do well to remember that the only time we have beaten them recently, last season away, was with a team containing Elano, Stevie and Robinho, the latter pair getting the goals and the former creating the first

So where would you play him? Play one upfront and behind the striker, in a midfield two in a 4-4-2.

Im certainly not a hater of Ireland just not sure where he fits into an eleven at the minute. I prefer two wingers to enable us to stretch a side, and two strikers as we often when we braek lack players in the box. In an ideal world Ireland for his passing would play, just think its doubtful the way Mancini sets his side out.

It's a conundrum for sure. The problem is, none of our other central midfielders can create anything, get forward quickly to support the forwards or even break beyond the strikers. And our delivery from wide areas, Adam excepted, has been pisspoor all season. Modric does nothing defensively at Spurs, but he plays beside Palacios, who is on a different planet to De Jong and Barry in terms of mobility and dynamism

Maybe if we had signed Mariga as by all accounts he is this type of player. Ireland could of dropped into a midfield two. Its so frustrating to watch us build up a bit of a head of steam and then the two midfielders retreat to two very defensive positions rather than win the ball back higher up the pitch. Losing us momentum and losing the support of the crowd. I would be surprised is this is a mancini tactic rather than forced on him by the personnel he has. Im sure it would be different if we had a Palacios, Fellaini box to box type midfielder.

samy said:
Seems like Stevies lost his touch, he doesn't go into tackles like he used to or pass like he used to. I don't believe a player can just go shit so it must be a confidence thing, maybe us the fans can bring Ireland back to life if we show like we did last season that we love him and he is our superman maybe it will spark him back into life and city will only benefit from this!!

Thoughts ??

Blatantly taken out from behind and had to go off because of it..

good move smeagol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.