Ireland!!!

I cant understand the stick stevie gets on here. Did anyone even watch the way we played last night.

For those who didnt, the game consited of any any of our back four, or Keeper. Sticking their toe through the ball aiming for Tevez. By doing that the midfield was irrelevant and looking for scraps. Now thats great if your a battler like DeJong, but when you a football player like stevie, its not so good.

How can a player who has a killer pass get a grip on a game when the ball is kicked over his head all game. If you playing thjat style then you need a tall target man. Personaly i think that style of football will get you found out time and time again in the prem.

But yeah its Stevies fault that we played the long ball.

I agree with Ricster earlier on, he looks bereft of confidence and if he's not 100% fitness wise I would tell him his seasons over and to take a proper holiday before he starts his usual pre season training regime. We can then see what happens in the summer and how we plan on reshaping the midfield (which must be priority number 1 in the window), maybe even get him to see a sports psychologist (sp?) before making any rash decisions.

davymcfc said:
he seems to be lacking in confidence. doesnt help that the fans get on his back the first mistake he makes.

I dont think the fans were getting on his back though!

Where I was sitting everyone was willing him on and hoping it would go well for him and i thought that would off been the same all around the stadium!!

Every true City fan would want the Ireland of last season back but again even before he went off injured the game seemed to be passing him by!!

Wrighty Wrexham said:
davymcfc said:
he seems to be lacking in confidence. doesnt help that the fans get on his back the first mistake he makes.

I dont think the fans were getting on his back though!

Where I was sitting everyone was willing him on and hoping it would go well for him and i thought that would off been the same all around the stadium!!

Every true City fan would want the Ireland of last season back but again even before he went off injured the game seemed to be passing him by!!
didnt mean to say everyone was slagging him off but when he first lost the ball you could hear moans and groans. i think as a bunch of fans we need to get behind the team more. when we are roaring the team forward we look more urgent. thats what we lack a lot of the time. urgency.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yes you can, hence the phrase 'one season wonder'

great support. bet you hate roque and called johnno a boozer.. fucking get behind the lad.
Hmmm, so me using a common phrase used throughout football as a counter arguement to Samy means im against Roque and Johnno too. I like all city fans wanted Ireland to do well last night but once again the game passed him by.

RSC an over-rated, over priced pile of shit who wouldn't get in any of the other top 6-7 teams first 11.

Ireland was awesome last year and i rate him a lot but unfortunately the club is moving much quicker than anticipated and Stevie is gonna have to catch up or ship out.

In fact there are 3 or 4 players who are like that, Richards and Toure to name a couple!!

Gone at the end of the season in my books. Mancini won't put up with this standard of performance. End of the day I support him at the stadium, but anyone who says the lad's undeserving of the criticism he is currently receiving needs to take off their blue tinted glasses and wake up and smell the coffee.

Those who say he has not had a run of games need to realise the reason why he has not had a run of games. Injuries yes, but more significantly lack of form and his inability to be in the team on merit. If you don't play well, you get benched. It's as simple as that.

If he stays, knuckles down and is better next season fair enough but I can't see it right now.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
great support. bet you hate roque and called johnno a boozer.. fucking get behind the lad.
Hmmm, so me using a common phrase used throughout football as a counter arguement to Samy means im against Roque and Johnno too. I like all city fans wanted Ireland to do well last night but once again the game passed him by.

I do understand were ya coming from and ye suppose there has been a few 'One Season Wonders' but these are mostly due to injuries or moving clubs. In stevies case he been surronded by better players and more confident club thats what I cant understand!

We know what he can do. But he aint doing it. Give him time but lets not pretend that he's a great player that deserves to be an automatic starter. He needs to earn his place and he is far from doing that right now. Fancy little flick ons may take skill but if they are simply giving our opponents the ball more often than not then perhaps a more simplistic Everton-like approach to passing might help him impose himself on games a little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.