Ireland!!!

lol at all you slagging him off, we were doing great until he got injured or are you guys blind? Had a lot of chances then he got injured and we barely saw the ball after that

I keep saying give him a chance but he's just not taking them. He's clearly low on confidence and I think a goal would bring back last season's Stevie but he'll have to wait again now.

He looked like he didn't know what he was doing yesterday or where he was meant to be playing which is a shame + the injury won't have helped.

He still did a brilliant through ball for Tevez though which we nearly scored off, so it's signs that he's still got that spark.

^but when he was in we attacked the middle well, and after well you saw what happened. just cant believe people are such pricks and only care about buying the next big player. people just want an excuse for losing.

-- Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:14 pm --

no one should blame mancini either, no one could finish last night, simple

Blue_Lion said:
^but when he was in we attacked the middle well, and after well you saw what happene. just cant believe people are such pricks and only care about buying the next big player. people just want an excuse for losing.

I thought we had two good spells in the game one coincided with Ireland being on the pitch and one didn't. We had some good chances in the second half and overall I didn't think it was a bad performance. Ireland to me isn't the same player as last season, and most would agree with that. Whether thats due to form, position, relationship with manager etc I dont know. Quality player and on top form he would walk into the side.

franksinatra said:
Blue_Lion said:
^but when he was in we attacked the middle well, and after well you saw what happene. just cant believe people are such pricks and only care about buying the next big player. people just want an excuse for losing.

I thought we had two good spells in the game one coincided with Ireland being on the pitch and one didn't. We had some good chances in the second half and overall I didn't think it was a bad performance. Ireland to me isn't the same player as last season, and most would agree with that. Whether thats due to form, position, relationship with manager etc I dont know. Quality player and on top form he would walk into the side.

i agree with ireland not being the same and the goal came after he was injured lol. i think he keeps getting injured and just cant find his for atm, but i think next season if hes here and i hope we will see the old ireland

Posted this on another thread probably more relevant here its in relation to a conversation I had with two family Everton season ticket holders on the way back from the match:

Another thing they said on the way back was that the Everton fans were chanting "Ireland is Superman" when he was being substituted and that they could not believe there was a massive banner hanging in the stadium saying "Ireland is Superman"! Cringed abit at that one!!

Now Im not saying I want that banner down cos I dont want it affecting Irelands confidence anymore than it already is but do question whether it was put up a little early!!!

Ireland has been dodgy since ambulance situation in game against fulham in september. Can tell hes not quite been giving it his all as if afraid he would go through what happened that night again.

I think ireland is the only creative player in the team and alot of pressure on him to create those chances. If we had another attack mid playing helping him out going forward with tevez and bellamy we'd be having more chances at goal.

Playing 3 def mids every game is not working.

Norville Rogers said:
ive been pro stevie alll the way however im starting to think its best for him to move on weve had the best wel get out of him imo, if he moves in the summer i think he'l be back to his best somewhere else bit like dunney for villa. itl be sad to see him go but i dont think he is going to have a better chance to prove himself than last night. such a shame hes just missing someone to play play off like he did with robinho

When this has happened before the players either instantly become club hero's or score against us! Dunnie, Geo, Anelka etc lol

DeJong and Barry can't play the ball forward with any pace or imagination. They slow up every attack because they won't take any kind of responsibility. This makes Ireland game ineffective because he's all about the break and quick passing. Stop Barry and DeJong playing together and you will see an improvement in Ireland.

Infact stop playing DeJong altogether and the whole team will improve. The only thing he can do is tackle. You need so much more than that from a player who is a regular.

mcguirisco said:
Ireland has been dodgy since ambulance situation in game against fulham in september. Can tell hes not quite been giving it his all as if afraid he would go through what happened that night again.

I think ireland is the only creative player in the team and alot of pressure on him to create those chances. If we had another attack mid playing helping him out going forward with tevez and bellamy we'd be having more chances at goal.

Playing 3 def mids every game is not working.

Im thinking this^^^^

Here is something i posted at the beginning of March on a similar thread:

"I have a theory on Stevie, based on my own personal experience.

In the game early in the season against Fulham, Stevie had a "funny turn" on the pitch, and finished up in hospital having tests for a suspected heart attack.

Six or seven years ago, i had a similar experience, and while nothing was found, i absolutely and completely shit myself.

Now the fact is, despite tests and being told there is nothing wrong with me, I know it happened, and it terrifies me that it could happen again! I find i subconciously hold back in any kind of exertion, because i do not want to find myself in that situation again.

I wonder if this might be the issue with our Steve?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.