Ireland's bust up with rob (merged)

robbieh said:
bluefandk said:
Getting rid of ireland ould be a mistake, that would come back to haunt us.

Ireland should be given another season to prove himself, if there is no improvement this time next season, we could start thinking about a sale.

Look the guy has had one good season and he's the same age as Messi and Fabregas. Let's get things in perspective. If he's happy to play a supporting role then fine. If he wants premier league game time he will have to leave.

ps He is nowhere near as good as Scholes who is one of the best players of the premier league era.

Im not saying he should be an automatic starter, but if he wants to stay and fight for his place, he should be allowed to do so.

one bit that I didn't understand, one minute he's talking about wanting to make a future here, the next he's talking about giving it until christmas. what does he think will change by then?

it's all a bit ambiguous.

He looked very average in the last two games against teams we shouldn't really be struggling against. Perhaps Fergie will come in and get, perhaps he wont - i tend to think the latter will be the case. So where does that leave him? the lad has problems no matter what people say and I think he needs a fresh start, so what? we may regret it, there again perhaps we wont.

Can anyone really see him getting in a top six team? lets let this one lie and move on, dont wish the lad any harm or bad luck but he has gone stale. he could probably do no worse than play for his national team again - seems like he has skeletons he needs to sort out before he does anything else.

Good luck Steve, thanks and switch the light off when you close the door!

Re: Stevie Ireland.

Brendan110_0 said:
BobKowalski said:
Think I am getting a little weary of the Stephen Ireland saga. Not that its Ireland's fault there is seemingly endless discussions about will he make it or not or whether he is the heart and soul of City or not or whether he will end up at a 'top 4' team or not - and is the phrase 'top 4' team redundant these days - or will he end up at Sunderland?

I don't know. I just wish someone would make their minds up and put us out of our bleeding misery. Including Stevie I suspect.

good player - if we sell him we'll ALWAYS regret it (because MUFC would buy him to replace Scholes!!!!!)

Yes like anyone on here knows who the hell taggart is or isn't going to buy.

I like Ireland and I want him to get another season with us but to be retained he has to be of value to City and not retained simply because we are scared of who may buy him. City isn't doing sentiment these days or worrying what other teams will or will not do. Now other teams worry about City. We are currently sitting alone at the top table stuffing ourselves with the goodies on offer because no other f**ker can compete and whats more they ain't even bothering to try.

Re: Stevie Ireland.

citizens_1976 said:
Bluestones said:
Ireland, Neds, SWP, Bridge, Richards....

just not good enough for the team we are trying to build. Get over it and lets move on.

The arrogance of some people is just unbelievable.

Are you a real City fan seriously? You sound like a prat to me.

To disreguard these players is a bit of a joke. Most teams in the Premiership would take Ireland including Liverpool and the Rags, hes still a quality player and a very good squad member. Yes, hes had one bad season but give the lad time, everyone licked his arse the season before last, he has a bit of an on and off season last season and look how he gets slated. Form is temporary, class is permanent and i think if he gets games he will prove a lot of people wrong on here.

As for Richards and Onuoha, they need another chance, they are 2 good young prospects who can improve. Bridge is a decent back up, im sure most teams in the league would take all these 3 as well.

SWP is the only player out of the ones you've mentioned who i would get rid of, hes has had his best days and i dont think hes up to it anymore.

I think the money is getting to your head mate, get off your high horse.

I agree with everything that you say, but in reverse!!!!

SWP even if just an impact player is good enough for us, but I'm sorry to say that as technically gifted footballers go, Ned, Micah are not good enough.

Bridge is a technically gifted footballer, but what he has going forward, he lacks in defending which means curtains for him in a Champions League seeking club.

Ireland mustn't be looked at as having 1 bad season, he's had 4 bad seasons out of 5!!! Common sense must dictate that we need players who are more consistantly on top of their game than 1 good season in 5!

Sentimentality cannot play any part if we harbour the ambitions that we do. If these players are not up to the technical and performance levels that MCFC require more often than not, then we must allow them to find club's for themselves which are at their fooballing levels.

We need to lose this sentimental losers mentality on and off the pitch!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ireland is not a winger! It's not a position he plays well in but that's the position he's been played in for the most part under Mancini. Guess what, he's not doing well there, surprise surprise. Against Sporting I couldn't believe my eyes when Bellamy was more often central playing in behind Jo and Ireland was out on the wing! Lunacy! I know Bellers can do a good job there but he's really effective out in the wide positions and Ireland is more effective centrally. Result? We had no teeth at all in attack.

I don't want to bash Bobby because I think he'll take our club forward but we can't judge Ireland until he's played where he plays best. I don't get why he's given him the armband to boost his confidence then played him out of position. Lets stick Silva at centre back and see how well he does, it defies logic! I genuinely think that Ireland playing in front of Yaya and De Jong with Ade, AJ and Tevez ahead of him would show Stevie in his best light (obviously Silva would fit in somewhere too, maybe instead of Ireland or AJ). We need cover for Silva and I still think played in the right position Ireland is an excellent player.

People saying he's only had one good season may be right (someone said 6 months which is a bit mean) but in that season he played centrally just behind the front players (a position he only played a handful of times last year). We know he can play well and for me he was young player of the year way ahead of Ashley Young in 08/09. If he can do it for one season then he has the ability to do it again, no injuries or age problems to slow him down. I just don't think he'll be given the chance to show what he can do, he certainly hasn't in these friendlies so far.

he's done more for the club than MJ but more people want him out the door, makes no sense, let him fight for a place, he'll develop both on and off the pitch, I'm sure everyone wants superman back.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ireland is not a winger! It's not a position he plays well in but that's the position he's been played in for the most part under Mancini. Guess what, he's not doing well there, surprise surprise. Against Sporting I couldn't believe my eyes when Bellamy was more often central playing in behind Jo and Ireland was out on the wing! Lunacy! I know Bellers can do a good job there but he's really effective out in the wide positions and Ireland is more effective centrally. Result? We had no teeth at all in attack.

I don't want to bash Bobby because I think he'll take our club forward but we can't judge Ireland until he's played where he plays best. I don't get why he's given him the armband to boost his confidence then played him out of position. Lets stick Silva at centre back and see how well he does, it defies logic! I genuinely think that Ireland playing in front of Yaya and De Jong with Ade, AJ and Tevez ahead of him would show Stevie in his best light (obviously Silva would fit in somewhere too, maybe instead of Ireland or AJ). We need cover for Silva and I still think played in the right position Ireland is an excellent player.

People saying he's only had one good season may be right (someone said 6 months which is a bit mean) but in that season he played centrally just behind the front players (a position he only played a handful of times last year). We know he can play well and for me he was young player of the year way ahead of Ashley Young in 08/09. If he can do it for one season then he has the ability to do it again, no injuries or age problems to slow him down. I just don't think he'll be given the chance to show what he can do, he certainly hasn't in these friendlies so far.

Winger- he certainly didn't play wide! let alone as a winger. Hughes an mancini played him the middle, just not behind the striker as tevez fills that role, When tevez was out, ireland played behind the striker, his favoured position and did little to impress.

last night, playing on one side of the midfield, should not limit how hard you work, you can still get involved in the game, still pass the ball around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.