Ireland's bust up with rob (merged)

Re: Stevie Ireland.

ST Coleridge said:
BillyShears said:
I won't comment anymore until the transfer window closes. However it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's something proper shitty going on behind the scenes when Ste does an interview stating categorically that he wants to stay at City and fight for his place, and within 24 hours there's a "leak"....

I take your point, although I never understand why this sort of business goes on. If you're right (and you're better-placed than me to know the machinations of such things), then it is indeed unnecessarily shitty.

I mean, why not just ring the likes of Sunderland, Villa, etc, and say 'Here, do you want Stephen Ireland?' It might devalue the player in terms of negotiations, but surely not as much as announcing that Ireland won't even make the 25?

As I've stated literally millions of times, I would hate Ireland to go. I think he's likeable and genuine, and inarguably talented. He just needs to sort his hea..... Only messing.

He just needs games to be honest with you, hes a clever player and when he played with a player with flair like Robinho the season before, it brought the best out of him. When we had players in the team like Bellamy and Barry, it didnt bring the best out of Ireland and i dont think he got a fair chance last season. Bellamy is a top player, but hes more of a runner and Barry is just too slow. Robinho and Ireland in the same side was a joy to watch, 2 players who had very good football brains and used to link up superbly. Now we have Silva as well, i think a player of his class wiil bring out the best in Ireland.

Nedum Onuoha did say Ireland is the best player he has ever played with so i think that tells you all you need to know.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:35 pm --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
citizens_1976 said:
Nedum Onuoha is a very solid player though, he might not be great on the ball, but everytime he is called upon to come in and do a job, he does it very well, hes a good squad member and hes homegrown. I agree with Richards, but he needs one more season to prove what he can do, hes only a young lad. Boateng looked good yes, but your judging off one World Cup. He is a good player, but with this sort of competition and quality in this squad, it could bring the best out of our homegrown players like Onuoha and Richards. Did PFA player of the year Wayne Rooney look calm and collected at the World Cup? Nopeeeeeee. Yes, but maybe in a couple of seasons you will be telling us how shit Nimely and Boyata are. Stephen Ireland is one of the best players we have ever produced through the academy, give him time.

I think your point is silly, most players who come to us will want to play, no one wants to sit on the bench.

I agree with alot, but the give Ireland more time thing. He has had 6 seasons to prove himself and has only proved his worth for half a season. I do not doubt he is one of best we have produced through the academy but if he was trying to break through now he would be along way off. Maybe as City fans we dont want to hear it but the quality we now have in the squad will show that only the best get through rather than the old days of he is as good as what we got and makes up the numbers

Well personally id rather have Ireland in the squad than Barry and Vieira. He should easy be in the squad of 25.

Think I am getting a little weary of the Stephen Ireland saga. Not that its Ireland's fault there is seemingly endless discussions about will he make it or not or whether he is the heart and soul of City or not or whether he will end up at a 'top 4' team or not - and is the phrase 'top 4' team redundant these days - or will he end up at Sunderland?

I don't know. I just wish someone would make their minds up and put us out of our bleeding misery. Including Stevie I suspect.

if he is still here before the window closes i will be disappointed, hes not the best and we have the money to buy the best. get rid of barry aswell

BobKowalski said:
Think I am getting a little weary of the Stephen Ireland saga. Not that its Ireland's fault there is seemingly endless discussions about will he make it or not or whether he is the heart and soul of City or not or whether he will end up at a 'top 4' team or not - and is the phrase 'top 4' team redundant these days - or will he end up at Sunderland?

I don't know. I just wish someone would make their minds up and put us out of our bleeding misery. Including Stevie I suspect.

good player - if we sell him we'll ALWAYS regret it (because MUFC would buy him to replace Scholes!!!!!)

Brendan110_0 said:
BobKowalski said:

good player - if we sell him we'll ALWAYS regret it (because MUFC would buy him to replace Scholes!!!!!)

Well i mainly think no matter how much we want rid we know not to sell to them wankers. People in the know, know City fans wouldnt have it!!!

I think if he went he would ALWAYS regret it because IMO he would know he never gave enough when the chips were down

Getting rid of ireland ould be a mistake, that would come back to haunt us.

Ireland should be given another season to prove himself, if there is no improvement this time next season, we could start thinking about a sale.

bluefandk said:
Getting rid of ireland ould be a mistake, that would come back to haunt us.

Ireland should be given another season to prove himself, if there is no improvement this time next season, we could start thinking about a sale.

Look the guy has had one good season and he's the same age as Messi and Fabregas. Let's get things in perspective. If he's happy to play a supporting role then fine. If he wants premier league game time he will have to leave.

ps He is nowhere near as good as Scholes who is one of the best players of the premier league era.

Re: Ireland's bust up with rob

Fuzzmaster101 said:
fast eddie said:
I'd allow Ireland to go anywhere below the Top 6 on the understanding there's two Players in the Squad to replace him. Presently there's none and we need two in every position.

Err, Ireland's best position is central midfield as is Silva's so there is at least one. People seem to keep forgetting we've signed Silva or think he's a winger as he is for Spain. He is versatile though and can play on the wing unlike Ireland.

Umm... I'd expect to see Silva on the wing for City. Players don't always appear in their best position when there's other roles in the Team to think about.

Re: Ireland's bust up with rob

fast eddie said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
Err, Ireland's best position is central midfield as is Silva's so there is at least one. People seem to keep forgetting we've signed Silva or think he's a winger as he is for Spain. He is versatile though and can play on the wing unlike Ireland.

Umm... I'd expect to see Silva on the wing for City. Players don't always appear in their best position when there's other roles in the Team to think about.

Silva would be wasted on the wing. In many ways he is similar to Messi. Good dribbler, good passer. That's why he will play behind the strikers.

Brendan110_0 said:
BobKowalski said:

I agree with this, if Ireland was in the rags team he will get a lot of the ball, because the rags keep the ball way better than us! At the moment anyway!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.