Ireland's bust up with rob (merged)

law74 said:
IF he goes i think it will be to twitchers mob and they will keep us out of the top 4 again as we suffer nearly as many goalless games as under Pearce.

Do you honestly believe that we will finish behind spurs, considering the quality we have and, will possibly add?

How much do you reckon he is on per week and what do you reckon his transfer fee would be?

Personally if he went to Sunderland (which I would love him to) then I don't think the fee would be any more than around £10m at first, and his wages would be around £50k per week.

all the outgoing will be for tiny fees so that the onward clubs can afford the wages....otherwise we'll never sell anyone!

There was no bust up with the manager. City have already denied this earlier in the day and Mancini is quoted as saying the following about Ireland:

The City manager said: "I have to cut my squad down to 25 and at this moment I have more than 30 so someone will have to miss out but right now I don't know who it will be. I have not decided anything about Stephen Ireland. There has been no problem with him on the tour. He could still have a future here. I don't know how it's possible for him to think otherwise because I haven't decided. It is up to him to prove himself to me."

Ireland captained City in their second pre-season defeat, a 2-1 loss to New York Red Bulls on Sunday, but was withdrawn at half-time. "I made Stephen captain of the team so that shows I still have belief in him," said Mancini. "The only reason I took him off at half-time was because he played 90 minutes the other night against Sporting. I am concerned about players doing too much and getting injuries."

Mancini was equivocal on Ireland's future should a club move for the midfielder this summer. "We would have to see," he said, and admitted Bellamy is another high-profile player with an uncertain future at the club. "It is clear that some of the players we have here are going to be left off the list. I am not sure yet if one of those will be Bellamy. At this moment it is impossible to know which players will be on that final list."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/27/roberto-mancini-stephen-ireland-man-city

Key line being that Mancini has belief in him which is why he was made captain for the game. This should end all the doubts about Ireland's future but I'm sure all the Ireland haters will see it differently as they simply have a conclusion looking for evidence.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:40 am --<br /><br />If Ireland does go, it doesn't look like it will be to Sunderland.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/engla...ger-steve-bruce-rules-out-move-for-manchester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.