Irish Current Affairs.

Well it has been 20+ years since I became a blow in here and yet I still shake my head at the dogmatism & idiocy that so many that (claim) to represent/govern the population here.
As others have said it will be another huge waste of money that will change little unless some of the parties agree pacts to sideline to DUP. I wonder if the DUP could be termed as the "new stickys?????"
Personally I reckon they just pass legislation to stop paying them all until they get back to work. that will focus a few minds.

IMO only Alliance have a chance of dislodging/breaking up the 2 largest parties….if they could just get more than DUP it would great….we’d finally get a government back and would give the DUP the wake up call they need

Do you think that is even a possibility AWG?
Probably not…I guess they’re not too far off them….if people are happy to vote tactically….I usually vote Green then Alliance, but will definitely vote Alliance first this time….hopefully others similar to me will do the same.

But where else can they gain votes? If any DUP voters were to leave them, they’ll go to UU…can’t see any/many going the other way.
Maybe some SDLP voters could go strategic and vote Alliance….people like me, green and independent voters could easily switch.

Probably not…I guess they’re not too far off them….if people are happy to vote tactically….I usually vote Green then Alliance, but will definitely vote Alliance first this time….hopefully others similar to me will do the same.

But where else can they gain votes? If any DUP voters were to leave them, they’ll go to UU…can’t see any/many going the other way.
Maybe some SDLP voters could go strategic and vote Alliance….people like me, green and independent voters could easily switch.
What’s the opinion up North about the threat from Westminster of the alternative to an active Assembly being governance from London and Dublin. I know that’s not exactly what it would be but the wording and optics of that were always going to infuriate Unionism.
They’ve since retracted that but was that intentional?
Is it like a gift for the election campaign to the DUP.
The only way the DUP will go into Assembly is with a majority over Sinn Fein. Is it a tactic to increase their vote?

DUP and Sinn Fein like spoilt kids who both brought it down due to not getting their way. People need to realise there is an alternative but rather than voting for that they will not vote which means high likelihood same old same old get in with their cries of us, themuns and whataboutery

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.