Irish Current Affairs.

More to do with Charles V the Holy Roman Emperor being Catherines cousin. I'm sure Hank would have stumped up if it was just a question of money.
More to do with the longing for a healthy male heir, perhaps.
He did have one illegitimate on the side didn’t he, but wasn’t happy with Mary and Elizabeth.

More to do with the longing for a healthy male heir, perhaps.
He did have one illegitimate on the side didn’t he, but wasn’t happy with Mary and Elizabeth.
Indeed. Catherine was his brothers wife and bore him Mary. Elizabeth was Anne Boleyns daughter. The history of the politics is fascinating as beautifully written in the Wolf Hall trilogy through the eyes of Thomas Cromwell. Funny how that one act shapes the future of a nation through time.

Indeed. Catherine was his brothers wife and bore him Mary. Elizabeth was Anne Boleyns daughter. The history of the politics is fascinating as beautifully written in the Wolf Hall trilogy through the eyes of Thomas Cromwell. Funny how that one act shapes the future of a nation through time.
More than one nation.

In fact very many.
That period of time is fascinating.
The incestuous goings on between England, Scotland and ourselves according to Wikipedia makes Game of Thrones look like childsplay.
Oh for the good old days when Catholic Mary queen of Scots could preside over a Protestant Scotland.

Look at the world today. We’ve learnt nothing. Religion still causing conflict globally.

I have been fascinated by that whole era for decades

And, if memory serves me right from what I have read, Henry (as the second son) was given theology as a subject he should learn.
So he used that.

That period of time is fascinating.
The incestuous goings on between England, Scotland and ourselves according to Wikipedia makes Game of Thrones look like childsplay.
Oh for the good old days when Catholic Mary queen of Scots could preside over a Protestant Scotland.

Look at the world today. We’ve learnt nothing. Religion still causing conflict globally.
If Scotland were independent I hope we would be a secular nation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.