Irish journalist calls City players "c***s"

NI Blue said:
nashark said:
Depends if you are a gloryhunter, are you?

Have supported City since I was 6, from the 69 cup final to be precise so thats some 40 years ago so hopefully I am well passed being a glory hunter lol

Don't get too wound up, we welcome all Blues wherever they are from and whoever they are. Enjoy the ride it gets a bit bumpy sometimes

kiam06 said:
moomba said:
Theres been very few occasions where local supporters who have wanted to go to matches have been prevented from doing so. I'm not Manc born and bred, not even English and I don't recall too many sellouts in the 7 years I've held a season ticket.

Maybe local fans are being priced out as the clubs knows they can make more selling tickets to wealthier fans who travel, it can't be cheap flying in from Ireland every week.

As they say in Belfast, catch yerself on. So Irish fans are to blame because ticket prices have risen? COme on, give us a break.

Cannot believe that what started as a thread designed to highlight the media nonsense and unprofessionalism of certain journalists has descended into racist bigotry and questioning of fans reasons for supporting City.

We are bound to attract new fans and lapsed fans given that we are in the ascendancy. There is absolutley nothing wrong with that. Just because, like me you suffered the ups and mainly downs of the last 30 years or so does not automatically entitle you to occupy the moral high ground.

Our sense of unity, community, wit and deadpan humor is what differentiates us from other clubs particularly the rags. So please think carefully before posting moronic holier than thou opinions and racist idiocy.

Fanning is a Liverpool fan. Most of what he writes is self-opinionated rubbish.

This is a pretty good and amusing article. It's actually complimentary to City, really. I'm surprised they printed it with the word in the article, but there you go.

All he is really saying is 'can City win things with a bunch of players everyone seems to hate', and by extension 'everyone seems to hate these players because they know they are good'.

Chill, Blue brothers and sisters. Don't fall for the 'divide and conquer' tactics of the media.
And don't led the words of a single, attention-seeking nob jockey with an obvious Oedipus complex and an anti-City agenda sully the reputation of some of the finest people — and finest Blues — on the planet, whether they are flying in from Cork and Dublin for the occasional home game, or the second and third generation Irish Manc-born likes of myself and my family, the Gallaghers, Mark Riley, most of where I went to school, work etc.
If you think it has been hard being a Blue in Manchester over the last 30 years or so, then imagine being a Blue in Ireland! Jesus, these guys deserve utmost respect, not sectarian insults and complete shite about raising ticket prices.
Let's not let this turn into an Ulster hate-fest like some of the City v Celtic threads. Let's just remember to remind Mr Fannyfeatures of his words when, and I mean when, we do win something.
Our trophy will probably be a lot f****ing sooner coming than his Pulitzer

LongsightM13 said:
Chill, Blue brothers and sisters. Don't fall for the 'divide and conquer' tactics of the media.
And don't led the words of a single, attention-seeking nob jockey with an obvious Oedipus complex and an anti-City agenda sully the reputation of some of the finest people — and finest Blues — on the planet, whether they are flying in from Cork and Dublin for the occasional home game, or the second and third generation Irish Manc-born likes of myself and my family, the Gallaghers, Mark Riley, most of where I went to school, work etc.
If you think it has been hard being a Blue in Manchester over the last 30 years or so, then imagine being a Blue in Ireland! Jesus, these guys deserve utmost respect, not sectarian insults and complete shite about raising ticket prices.
Let's not let this turn into an Ulster hate-fest like some of the City v Celtic threads. Let's just remember to remind Mr Fannyfeatures of his words when, and I mean when, we do win something.
Our trophy will probably be a lot f****ing sooner coming than his Pulitzer

Top post Longsight. Well said.

shambo said:
nashark said:
Depends if you are a gloryhunter, are you?

Makes me laugh that some jumped up little shite who joined the forum in Jan 2009 is making sure there are no glory hunters joining!

Dion Fanning is a twat, but you are not that far off.

Since when did the date one joined a forum have any relation to the date they started supporting City?

Do not get me wrong, Ric has done a fine job, but my support for City is just that. For City. Not for the Bluemoon forum (though I did put in for the banner and Ric can confirm that)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.