Irish journalist calls City players "c***s"

jimharri said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Why not just forward this on to City and hopefully they will buy the newspaper and sack the ignorant bog trotter.
Or better still, sue the bollox off them and close it down.[

that is amusing you using racist remarks to scold a guy who used bad language

Dear Mr Fanning

Is that what you really think of Shay Given?

Yours, Boots_

Response from Dion to my email:

"Thank you for your email. I'm sorry you were offended by my last line which was intended as a joke, although clearly not everybody saw it that way.
As I said in my piece, I think Manchester City have a number of players who are not what might be termed "model professionals" and, as I said, I think that adds to their appeal right now. The last line was intended in that fashion more than as abuse which is also why it was slightly ambiguous.
I am not a Manchester United fan, not that it matters, and I accept the point you make about those players but that was the argument I was trying to make. Maybe I should have said you will win nothing with saints.
I am grateful to you for your email which has been one of the few not to be racist or wish me a slow and painful death! But if I take a risk with a line like that, I have to accept the reaction."

Ajay said:

"Thank you for your email. I'm sorry you were offended by my last line which was intended as a joke, although clearly not everybody saw it that way.
As I said in my piece, I think Manchester City have a number of players who are not what might be termed "model professionals" and, as I said, I think that adds to their appeal right now. The last line was intended in that fashion more than as abuse which is also why it was slightly ambiguous.
I am not a Manchester United fan, not that it matters, and I accept the point you make about those players but that was the argument I was trying to make. Maybe I should have said you will win nothing with saints.
I am grateful to you for your email which has been one of the few not to be racist or wish me a slow and painful death! But if I take a risk with a line like that, I have to accept the reaction."

Ooops, someone's had a word with Dion! I'm still awaiting his response but will post once I get it. Regardless of what he says he still cannot justify what he said.

Ajay said:

Guilty as charged.

Ajay said:

very well explained if you ask me and you can see it from his point of view although he may off worded it better than cunts i suppose!

blue_soundwave said:
Think daddy may have game him a spanking?
He'll be getting grounded for a fortnight with no spends!

Backtracking now, I see. He'll be fully aware the press complaints commission are getting involved.

I'm no angel (for a girlie) and use the C word too often. Tis him indoors' fault, he calls everyone a cnut! But, even though it's also a popular part of the every day Irish dialogue, it doesn't warrant going in print in a national newspaper.

I have also received a phone call from John Bream (Head of Sport at the Independent) who has told me that he will be taking action as he found the article 'totally unacceptable'..

He seemed very annoyed but said that my email to Dion had been forwarded to him and he felt he would call to have a chat with me especially when he switched on that I had read the article here in the Middle East.

We can get things done when we work together, onto the FA now :)

Ajay said:
I have also received a phone call from John Bream (Head of Sport at the Independent) who has told me that he will be taking action as he found the article 'totally unacceptable'..

He seemed very annoyed but said that my email to Dion had been forwarded to him and he felt he would call to have a chat with me especially when he switched on that I had read the article here in the Middle East.

We can get things done when we work together, onto the FA now :)

Good to know but its no wonder the Independent News and Media group are in financial trouble ringing the Middle East in the middle of the day!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.