Irish journalist calls City players "c***s"

Have just joined this forum but not sure if has been a good idea judging by the remarks about the Irish being glory hunters taking up all the locals tickets.
Does this mean because I am from Northern Ireland I am not welcome at a match?

Just sent this to the shit that is Fanning. I'll write to Daddy later.

Dear Mr Fanning,

I read your article in yesterdays Irish Independent with disgust. I'm sure you can guess which one I'm talking about as I imagine that even for someone like you, openly labeling footballers as c**** is something of a rarity.

As a countryman of a nation with such a fine literary tradition I'm astounded you have even written this garbage and stunned that this 'article' made it past your editor, even taking into account he is also your daddy and the benefits that might afford you. For instance a job you are clearly not capable of doing any justice to.

I'm sure you can appreciate that I will most certainly be taking this further. A letter to your daddy is on it's way, as is a complaint to the Press Ombudsman in Ireland.

I'm sure also that the men in charge at Manchester City F.C will be interested to learn that you called their players c**** in the public domain. I will be making sure Garry Cook the Chief Executive at Manchester City is made aware of your poisonous jibes.

Sincerely,

NI Blue said:
Have just joined this forum but not sure if has been a good idea judging by the remarks about the Irish being glory hunters taking up all the locals tickets.

Depends if you are a gloryhunter, are you?

The Irish Independent has to be one of the shittest rags (no pun intended) out there.
On a daily basis, for over a year now, they have printed lie upon lie about my employer (but also some truths, only because that information is in the public domain). With no foresight for the damage it has done to us as employees, they continue their crass and ill-informed witch hunt.

This guy is obviously no exception and deserves everything he gets. I hope the poster who he threatened (what a nasty little bully boy he is, hiding behind his daddy) gets a writ on his doorstep asap!

We might never win anything with c****, but he sure writes like one!

nashark said:
NI Blue said:

Depends if you are a gloryhunter, are you?

Have supported City since I was 6, from the 69 cup final to be precise so thats some 40 years ago so hopefully I am well passed being a glory hunter lol

My email has been sent to Dion and also my complaint has been sent to the ombudsman. I actually used to work for the Independent News and Media Group and have just informed them by phone that following the disgraceful article by Mr Fanning that I would never ever purchase or read any of their publications again. Their contact details are:

Independent News & Media PLC
Independent House,
2023 Bianconi Avenue,
Citywest Business Campus,
Naas Road,
Dublin 24,
Ireland.

Telephone: + 353 1 466 3200
Fax: + 353 1 466 3222
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.inmplc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.inmplc.com/</a>

The CEO's name is Gavin O'Reilly.

I have just called the paper and got through to the head of their website, very nice young lady who totally agreed with me that the article was unacceptable and confirmed that she had removed the article as soon as she had read it...

I asked who I can speak to about this and she told me to call back tomorrow morning and speak with John Bream who is Head of Sport - she also confirmed that she has received numerous complaints already.

I urge you all to call John and the paper 00353 1 705 5333

I've just recieved an email from the person at the ombudsman investigating the complaint I made. The article has been pulled from the site.

Dis anyone manage to download the article? I only have a screen shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.