Is A Conscripted Army Needed Given The Growing Security Threat From China, Russia, Iran & N Korea?

What threat?

The Russians are getting spanked and slaughtered by the heroes of Ukraine. The North Koreans have bred hundreds of thousands of cannon fodder, and judging by Iran's latest missile attack on Israel, i'm more frightened of a loud firework display.

War has changed. Conscripted Armies don't work, especially in the modern age. You've got people who don't want to fight, don't want to be there, don't have the heart and stomach to kill, let's make them soldiers! Rather than a conscripted army we need to increase weapons production. One operator in command of 10000 missiles/rockets is far more effective.
A 20 y/o could probably do more damage on his laptop while getting a blow job off his girlfriend nowadays.

Absolutely we should have. I can picture the scenario now. North Korea put their entire army in ships, sail across the Pacific ocean, through the Panama canal, past the USA without being noticed, and start a land invasion of Cornwall, and our professional army, navy and airforce are caught with their trousers down, and within 3 months, we're all eating kimchi. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Absolutely we should have. I can picture the scenario now. North Korea put their entire army in ships, sail across the Pacific ocean, through the Panama canal, past the USA without being noticed, and start a land invasion of Cornwall, and our professional army, navy and airforce are caught with their trousers down, and within 3 months, we're all eating kimchi. It doesn't bear thinking about.
they'd go around Cape Horn - nobody there to stop them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.