Is Adam Johnson....

here he is celebrating his home debut MOTM.
adamdoinghisiandance.jpg

^^ I don't think that will be an issue, he's not a luxury player imo. Half the time when we cleared it, it was Johnson whacking it away. His crossing is deadly with either foot and his pace and dribbling is evidently top class.

I confess I knew very little about him before last night and I don't want to get too carried away one one performance, but I think we've possibly bought the next big English talent. Not a Bradbury or a Samaras for once, but someone in the same category as Joe Cole or even Shrek. Long way to go and lots of progress to be made (I'd personally like to see him develop his aerial ability more), but this kid could be the real thing.

bluetonium said:
^^ I don't think that will be an issue, he's not a luxury player imo. Half the time when we cleared it, it was Johnson whacking it away. His crossing is deadly with either foot and his pace and dribbling is evidently top class.

I confess I knew very little about him before last night and I don't want to get too carried away one one performance, but I think we've possibly bought the next big English talent. Not a Bradbury or a Samaras for once, but someone in the same category as Joe Cole or even Shrek. Long way to go and lots of progress to be made (I'd personally like to see him develop his aerial ability more), but this kid could be the real thing.

I agree, once he can send in the perfect cross, run into the box and then head it in, we will have the finished article ;-)

80s Shorts said:
bluetonium said:

I agree, once he can send in the perfect cross, run into the box and then head it in, we will have the finished article ;-)

LOL

BlueDune said:
and I know it's a huge ask, but is Adam Johnson potentially the new Mike Summerbee?

Seeing him go down the wing tonight, beat a player or two, not get brushed off by a shoulder push and then actually put in a good cross that beat the first man.
Yes it was 'only' Bolton so let's see what he can do in the next few games.

Left foot, right foot, strong on the ball. Summerbee?

Discuss.
lets just say he had a good start

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.