Is anyone thinking about the treble?

My mate got a European Cup tattood on his calf the week before the CL final against Chelsea with, ‘MANCHESTER CITY CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 2021’ underneath it. I have mates who still say it was his fault we lost that night because he jinxed it.
Lmao I saw that lad at Spurs away the first game of the season after it and thought "fuck me, that was a mad and bold decision"..

If we beat Real and win the PL, then the chance to win the Treble will be about 50%. Now it is under 25%. Things may go wrong in many ways: injuries, fatigue, red cards, individual mistakes, refereeing mistakes, deflections, etc. It's not even guaranteed that we are going to win at least one trophy. Yet some will probably say City have bottled it, if we don't win the Treble.

One game at a time.

Things will get real only if we beat Real without making mistakes in the league.

If we beat Real and win the PL, then the chance to win the Treble will be about 50%. Now it is under 25%. Things may go wrong in many ways: injuries, fatigue, red cards, individual mistakes, refereeing mistakes, deflections, etc. It's not even guaranteed that we are going to win at least one trophy. Yet some will probably say City have bottled it, if we don't win the Treble.

One game at a time.

Things will get real only if we beat Real without making mistakes in the league.
That last line is bang on the money. IF we were to somehow negotiate the Real Madrid tie and win our next three in the league against struggling opposition, it would start to feel like a possibility. In that scenario, we'd need a maximum of five points from our last three league games and to beat inferior opposition in two one-off cup finals. Even at that point there'd be no guarantee of one trophy, let alone three.

Yes. Why not? We are in the zone. It isn’t like before when Pep might Pep things. He has his team, and that team is doing what it needs to do.

One game at a time.

Yes - I'm afraid there's a reason that Trebles are rare ... but teams who "were on for a Treble but fell short" are much more common.

The latest version of a City fan is to not enjoy anything until its all over. In the 70's we would be winning the first match of the season and the Kippax would be singing 'We're going to win the league'. Now you have to wait until the final whistle of the final match before you are allowed to even smile.
Fuck that, I am celebrating the league already and if we get past Madrid I'm going full on.

The latest version of a City fan is to not enjoy anything until its all over. In the 70's we would be winning the first match of the season and the Kippax would be singing 'We're going to win the league'. Now you have to wait until the final whistle of the final match before you are allowed to even smile.
Fuck that, I am celebrating the league already and if we get past Madrid I'm going full on.
I’m having my treble tattoo done tomorrow. If we fail I’ll pretend it’s the rags one from 99

It's possible sure. Not thinking it will happen until we are past Madrid...if we get past them. Hopefully by then we will have won premier league games against West ham, leeds and Everton. Football is a fickle game though and anything can go wrong at any time and when you least expect it...like the last 4 minutes against Madrid last time out. I don't think Man Yoo will beat us in the final...City are very strong and Haaland and De Bruyne along with Alvarez, Bernardo, Foden, Mahrez, Gundogan, Grealish and Palmer will blow Utd to smithereens on a sunny afternoon in June. Its possible but as other posters have said it's one game followed by another and there's no point in bigging it up to fail. West ham 1st, then Leeds, then Madrid. And on and on until at least the 3rd of June.

I'm just not with these young folks. I thought it was all about the base? Not the treble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.