Is Australia racist?

Only two types of people in my world. Sound or dickheads. Nationality, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender, play no part in which category you fall under. Unfortunately a lot of my compatriots aren't as enlightened as me. I can't wait to see what f**kwittery the 'southern cross' tattoo mob get up to on the 26th.

You have no idea what you are talking about, Australia as a whole as many many different nationalities.My good freinds daughter has 64 different nationalities in her school. I suggest you get out of your armchair and have a look for yourself. As for australia being racist i would disagree, they are very nationalistic. It really comes down to your education and if you have travelled the globe and come into contact with different cultures.There are idiots everywhere who lack in education and i think you would find that most australians are very open minded.I lived in Whalley range for thirty years and met plenty of racist people in Manchester and I have met a few here, they are everywhere.
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Aussies are among the most racist on the planet, but they are not exposed to as many cultures as us.

If you read your history it clearly states it was the ENGLISH who forced the aboriginals off there homeland 200 years ago.
chris_m said:
I don't understand how Australians can think stuff like this though, considering they are a nation who have grown from immigrants from all over Europe, who forced the native Aboriginals off their land.

the kippax pigeon said:
You have no idea what you are talking about, Australia as a whole as many many different nationalities.My good freinds daughter has 64 different nationalities in her school. I suggest you get out of your armchair and have a look for yourself. As for australia being racist i would disagree, they are very nationalistic. It really comes down to your education and if you have travelled the globe and come into contact with different cultures.There are idiots everywhere who lack in education and i think you would find that most australians are very open minded.I lived in Whalley range for thirty years and met plenty of racist people in Manchester and I have met a few here, they are everywhere.
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Aussies are among the most racist on the planet, but they are not exposed to as many cultures as us.

Hello David.

Ha, there's no way Julia would have said that... she's from the left.

But... on the whole I think we are more racist than some other countries. We're a bit more flippant with it, and I think that's a good thing.

I really dont see what is the problem? Well said, i wish we would have taken this stance 30 years ago but we cant now, its to late. Well played Australia. You dont take any shit and do things how they should be done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.