Is Barry Off...?

AntonDonJuan said:
Ntini77 said:
Would he get into any of the top 3s midfield ?
Yes. Definitely Arsenal and the rags and at a push he could get in Chelsea's. He's a good player, he does his job and does it well. He doesn't have any tricks, or pace to beat a man, but he knows his limits and plays his own game. He's a good player

Disagree.

Arsenal wouldn't want him as he's too slow and not good enough on the ball. I doubt United & Chelsea would want him either or they would of picked him for the 12m.

Blue Phil said:
pee dubya said:
Liverpool sell Mascherano and replace with Barry

We get Torres and replace Barry's midfield squad place with...the more attacking Gourcuff?

I quite like Barry but i'd take that.

Personally however i wouldn't go for Gourcuff. I would rather we go for Kaka instead of Torres and Gourcuff. I have a feeling a £50-60 million bid would be accepted by Madrid

I'm unsure about Kaka now, he's obviously still massively talented, but seems to have lost any sort of consistency since he left Milan, now it seems to be just flashes of brilliance rather than dominating performances.

I think removing Barry and replacing him with more attacking player would make the midfield part of the squad more balanced. I think for Barry to be much use he really has to be right at the core of the team, so for me he'd be competing against Toure and De Jong for a spot, De Jong is better than him defensively and Toure is better at attacking, so i can't see what he'd really bring to the team other than just an extra body.

Don't know much about Gourcuff other than he's comfortable on the ball and can pick a pass, adding another player like that would make the squad stronger, whereas removing Barry i don't think would really weaken it.

Its all about opinions, thats why we all have our penny's worth isnt it?
But Im not the greatest fan of barrys, he is however better than what we had before he came to the club apart from Kompany. He is very slow and does get cought on the ball a lot, but he know how to draw a foul. as we are getting better others will fall "obvious" its just a matter of who and when and thats where Mancini's opinions count. over all he's a nice fella and a good pro but we are in a postion to bring in better now (35m and barry) ill drive him there myself lol

Ntini77 said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Yes. Definitely Arsenal and the rags and at a push he could get in Chelsea's. He's a good player, he does his job and does it well. He doesn't have any tricks, or pace to beat a man, but he knows his limits and plays his own game. He's a good player

Disagree.

Arsenal wouldn't want him as he's too slow and not good enough on the ball. I doubt United & Chelsea would want him either or they would of picked him for the 12m.
Well that's where i will disagree with you. At the time we bought him, they didn't need him. I'd argue that they could use him now though. And to say he isn't good enough on the ball for Arsenal is not true. He's easily comfortable enough on the ball to play for any team in the Prem. He doesn't need to be a World beater to play in Arsenal's midfield, he's be asked to do a job and he's do it and let the more creative players go forward. Chelsea could play him now Ballack's gone and the rag's midfield is the poorest it's been for years, they could definitely use him

Paddys Goose said:
Bloody hope so, I've never seen a worse an slower player

How long have you been watching City? 12 months???<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm --<br /><br />
pee dubya said:
Blue Phil said:
Personally however i wouldn't go for Gourcuff. I would rather we go for Kaka instead of Torres and Gourcuff. I have a feeling a £50-60 million bid would be accepted by Madrid

I'm unsure about Kaka now, he's obviously still massively talented, but seems to have lost any sort of consistency since he left Milan, now it seems to be just flashes of brilliance rather than dominating performances.

I think removing Barry and replacing him with more attacking player would make the midfield part of the squad more balanced. I think for Barry to be much use he really has to be right at the core of the team, so for me he'd be competing against Toure and De Jong for a spot, De Jong is better than him defensively and Toure is better at attacking, so i can't see what he'd really bring to the team other than just an extra body.

Don't know much about Gourcuff other than he's comfortable on the ball and can pick a pass, adding another player like that would make the squad stronger, whereas removing Barry i don't think would really weaken it.

Surely cash plus Adebayor is much more likely to happen? It would placate the Liverpool fans and leave balance to their squad?

You've got to question some of the City 'fans' on this board.

First Kompany, and now Barry! What the fuck? Seriously!!!

Barry's not exceptional but he's a very good player. He's likely to be behind Nige and YaYa this year but take him away and we look light in the middle again.

That said, if there was a shred of truth in that rumour, I'd happily chip in with a tenner!!

Barry is not a "blood and guts" type player that many fans love.For instance,De Jong has aquired cult status with some fans[one poster saying he was the best player he has ever seen in a City shirt] by running around like an headless chickenand tackling everything in sight,incuding his own team mates at times.Now I Nige has much to give to the team but,iimo,he is very much overrated and has many shortcomings.Barry certainly lacks pace but has vision and composure lacking in other areas of the team.He plays the game simply receives and gives and is always available to receive the ball.Unfortunately the subtleties of the game are lost on many fans who,as Isaid previously like the "blood and guts "style of play.

He looked world class in his first 4 games when he was playing as an attacking midfielder but then they moved him to a holding role like he plays for england, with de jong playing in the same role i think they stiffled each other to an extent and since trhen for me hasnt hit the same hights but i wouldnt sell unless the torres story is true which probably isnt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.