Is Barry Off...?

leewill31 said:
Bigga said:
That's GOT to be sarcasm, Lee...?

'Seasoned' Prem player in 'new team' excuse...

not really m8 it has happened to plenty of top footballers moving and not having a quality first season!

as i stated with the hype of other players like tevez and nigel"tackle"de jong,barrys hard work and playing style seems to have gone a miss with some fans.

he did a quality job in a struggling midfield last season and i can only see him being better this season.

Fair enough, pal.

I found him to be liability in the 'tackle'(never made one. In fact, when was the last time you saw him skid on his ar*e to take a ball??). Likely to concede a foul(pushing/ leaning on the back of players). Total garbage in the air(even Big Nige gets higher off the ground!). No speed(don't EVER leave him covering again, Roberto!!) and can't seem to deliver the ball into the box.

Am I being harsh?

I feel like I've left more out, actually...

Bigga said:
leewill31 said:
not really m8 it has happened to plenty of top footballers moving and not having a quality first season!

as i stated with the hype of other players like tevez and nigel"tackle"de jong,barrys hard work and playing style seems to have gone a miss with some fans.

he did a quality job in a struggling midfield last season and i can only see him being better this season.

Fair enough, pal.

I found him to be liability in the 'tackle'(never made one. In fact, when was the last time you saw him skid on his ar*e to take a ball??). Likely to concede a foul(pushing/ leaning on the back of players). Total garbage in the air(even Big Nige gets higher off the ground!). No speed(don't EVER leave him covering again, Roberto!!) and can't seem to deliver the ball into the box.

Am I being harsh?

i dont think you were watching the same gareth barry i was?

he got 8 assists

finished in the top 10 midfielders from actim index(he came 9th)

you may all so find it interesting that barry won 91 tackles to de jongs 69 all season

were you being harsh well yes!

He had a great start to the season like adebayor did , but then he had a dire end. He was injured for a bit but ever since our 1-1 draw with villa he was a completely different player. We dont need players like that, we need players who play well all the time , not just when it suits them.

For me i would much rather have him gone if it was part of a deal for Torres, but he wouldnt be on my list of players that i wanted to leave the club.

leewill31 said:
Bigga said:
Fair enough, pal.

Am I being harsh?

i dont think you were watching the same gareth barry i was?

he got 8 assists

finished in the top 10 midfielders from actim index(he came 9th)

you may all so find it interesting that barry won 91 tackles to de jongs 69 all season

were you being harsh well yes!

Whats that saying ................... oh yes

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

I watch Barry every week and i just don't get him. Still can't get out of my head how Ozil glided past him in the WC in the lead up to Germany's 3rd goal. I accept that he lacked pace but what he also lacked was nouse. He should've chopped Ozil down on the half way line and took the booking.

Barry is a class act! Nuff said and people who blame him for the ozil goal should understand he was just coming back from a major injury and had to play 3 games in 9 nine days!ffs Would walk into utds, pools, gunners and spurs midfields, but yet some city fans want to shift him!

dachoosen1 said:
Barry is a class act! Nuff said and people who blame him for the ozil goal should understand he was just coming back from a major injury and had to play 3 games in 9 nine days!ffs Would walk into utds, pools, gunners and spurs midfields, but yet some city fans want to shift him!

If he wasn't fit, shouldn't have played.

As for running around for 90 minutes, 3 times in 9 days after a few weeks off - fook me, don't now how footballers cope!

If Eddie Izzard can run 43 marathons in 51 days, I'm sure professional athletes can run 20k - 30k over nine days.

Can't even seem to do basic passing at the moment. I know it's preseason but we're very close to the start of the new season, is this an issue with his fitness still or is he just losing it? We really can't risk any deadwood in our side this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.