Is Bobby losing the Plot?

Didsbury Dave said:
I haven't seen any footage of him last night but I noticed him rattled after the West Brom game. He gets like that - he's a man under immense pressure.

He was exactly the same last spring when he looked like a man walking a tightrope.

He has very high expectations on his shoulders for the season and he does not want the season going tits up for the sake of his job. It doesn't matter hugely.

Most men who want to reach the pinnacle get on edge from time to time.

As long as he doesn't let it effect his ability to achieve his goals for the side it matters little.

In my opinion he doesn't interview well largely due to the language barrier.

How well we come out of our mini slump away from home in the league until now is his biggest test.

It's interesting that a lot of the people who knock Roberto for every minor point they can dredge up have very little to say when Ferguson rants and goes PURPLE in the face at reporters etc.

Re: Is Bobby loosing the Plot?

It's ridiculous! United lose two back to back and it's a blip! We lose two and it's deemed a 'crisis!'
For once I agree with Shearer on BBC last night. A slight dip in form that we will no doubt bounce back from but definitely no crisis! Need a big win against Wigan to get back some confidence back.

The media are using this to attack bobby, even to the extent of a keeganesck type of rant, I heard that fat piece of shit Quinn giving it large earlier, how can a pork gusseling hypocrite even contemplate criticising bobby it just doesn't work for me.

OB1 said:
I think Mancini is frustrated but he's not losing the plot and I'm sure he can deal with the pressure. He's made the point often enough that there was at least as much pressure at Inter.

Mancini dealing with pressure won't be an issue but the players doing so might.
Agreed. I think he's feeling totally frustrated as a result of bad refs and injuries/players unavailable - just like most of us fans. We will get through this bad patch but we have to keep strong as a group and remained focused. He is under pressure to win the league after being top all season and he should make this his sole aim if we are to be successful even if this means missing out on progressing in the Europa.

DTeacher said:
It's interesting that a lot of the people who knock Roberto for every minor point they can dredge up have very little to say when Ferguson rants and goes PURPLE in the face at reporters etc.

Ferguson looks like a man close to the edge to me. His body language suggests he knows we are better than them, and he knows he should have retired in summer. It' encourages me hugely.

I wouldn't say Mancini is losing the plot but I do agree that he did look at bit flustered in last nights interview. As somebody has already pointed out, I think that this is mostly down to a language barrier and him not being able to get his message across as clearly as he would like.

January was always going to be a difficult month with some tricky fixtures and it has been made more difficult with the loss of Kompany and Silva. We have 4 very winnable league fixtures in February and I can see us getting our season back on track from there and finishing strongly.

Posted similar on another thread.

Last night was a Carling Cup Tie so even if the unavailable players were available he may have chosen not to play them.

The positive is he is learning by a defeat which players are not up to the task of winning the league.

He also learnt that the formation for the first 39 minutes does not allow us the majority of possession.

Nasri came on and we looked after the ball and created chances immediatley.

I like most want to win the Carling Cup but if the manager has gained more knowledge from some poor performances and corrects them for Wigan and Spurs then I would take that.

Liverpool only scored a penalty and the parked the bus and punted the ball long.

Hope we win second leg as i am going but would swop for the next 6 points before our SPINE returns.

LEAGUE AT ALL COSTS PLEASE.

Re: Is Bobby loosing the Plot?

TCIB said:
[Insert massive facepalm.jpeg here]

facepalm.jpg

GTBOA :)

1970IrlamBlue said:
OB1 said:
I think Mancini is frustrated but he's not losing the plot and I'm sure he can deal with the pressure. He's made the point often enough that there was at least as much pressure at Inter.

Mancini dealing with pressure won't be an issue but the players doing so might.
Agreed. I think he's feeling totally frustrated as a result of bad refs and injuries/players unavailable - just like most of us fans. We will get through this bad patch but we have to keep strong as a group and remained focused. He is under pressure to win the league after being top all season and he should make this his sole aim if we are to be successful even if this means missing out on progressing in the Europa.

I'd use the EL for players lacking match fitness and concentrate 100% on the league.

The second half against united told me all I needed to know about the team and club spirit.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:51 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
DTeacher said:

Ferguson looks like a man close to the edge to me. His body language suggests he knows we are better than them, and he knows he should have retired in summer. It' encourages me hugely.

PMSL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.