Is Britain Anti-Pot?

mancincali

This topic came up in my Comparative Politics class, a student said that while most developed countries are moving to decrimilization or even legalization Britain is the only country to press against cannabis.

Any truth in that?

Would'nt be suprised, the scare mongering in Britain is ridiculous. The recent M-Cat scares proved that, without any scientific proof the newspapers love to whip up the "This will kill your kids and get you raped" headlines

Britain is more conservative (small c) than the rest of western Europe, so I'd say yes. Watch Our Drugs War on 4OD, particularly the first episode: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.channel4.com/programmes/our-drugs-war/episode-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.channel4.com/programmes/our- ... sode-guide</a>

oh. well how long would it take for the average bloke to get pot? just generals no need to go into any detail and get the internet piggies sniffin around!

How daft is this country? They keep harping on about cuts, deficits etc. if cannabis was legalised the country would make millions in taxes instead of funding drug dealers. There's millions of people who become criminals every weekend for the sake of them smoking a joint it's crazy.

Challenger1978 said:
mancincali said:
oh. well how long would it take for the average bloke to get pot? just generals no need to go into any detail and get the internet piggies sniffin around!

What do you mean ?
I think he's asking if he were to step outside now not knowing anyone how long would it take him to find someone selling. Just a guess.

i think they have to be seen to be doing something about it

the adverts and police presence would suggest that they are. it affects such a wide part of your brain (cannabinoid receptors) that no-one is sure what it actually does

i smoke it very rarely - last time was about a month ago. i bought £10 of skunk and it took me a week to finish it!

i did enjoy it, but it is just to much to feel that doped up all the time

next time i have it, it will probably be when santa brings it.

Blue Smarties said:
Challenger1978 said:
What do you mean ?
I think he's asking if he were to step outside now not knowing anyone how long would it take him to find someone selling. Just a guess.

Its near impossible to say as there are to many variables. If your in areas like Beswick, Clayton, Newton Heath & Miles platting theres always a dealer withing 5 minutes walk id say. Being able to find them or get them to sell you a weed (they could think you're dibble) is another thing though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.