Is Chelsea on Wednesday the make or break match?

adrianr said:
If we're 4 points behind after playing Chelsea it's over. It's that simple. Forget about points and games to play, the psychological impact for both sides will resonate till the season is through. You could argue we're still feeling the fallout from the last time we lost to Chelsea.

If we can keep the Rags within 2 points leading up to the derby it could just be the slither of hope needed to push over the line. But if they come to our place knowing even a win for us doesn't see us ahead we're fucked.

This

Just need to remain focussed and play to the standard we can, forgetting the media slant on things or get drawn into the mind games.

If the team can increase the recent tempo in games and VK / Lescott return at the back we have the chance to go 2pts clear with 2 straight wins.
Common City show everyone we mean business!

loose to chelsea i'd say its over however stranger things have happend, i think united will drop 5 points from there remaining games 3 to us and 2 in their other fixtures our margin for error is shrinking since we lost the 2 point lead, as the other poster said we must be no more than 2 points adrift come derby day i disagree 3 points will be ok providing we restore our goals for

simmo said:
Just need to remain focussed and play to the standard we can, forgetting the media slant on things or get drawn into the mind games.

If the team can increase the recent tempo in games and VK / Lescott return at the back we have the chance to go 2pts clear with 2 straight wins.
Common City show everyone we mean business!

Agree.

A co-worker (chelsea fan) and I are both taking off work on Wednesday afternoon to go to a bar to watch this one...game starts at 1:45 pm my time so here's to an early start (drinking) that day...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MC_fan_in_Texas said:
A co-worker (chelsea fan) and I are both taking off work on Wednesday afternoon to go to a bar to watch this one...game starts at 1:45 pm my time so here's to an early start (drinking) that day...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
have a great day pal

peoffrey said:
I'm letting my mind worry me too much but, if U****d beat Wolves today (highly probable) then they'll move 4 points clear in the Premiership with 9 to play and a fairly easy run of matches. City can reduce the gap to 1 point with a win over Chelsea on Wednesday - but you only have to look at them at the moment to see Di Matteo has got them playing. It's 3 wins in 3 matches and I think they'll get past Leicester in the FA Cup today. His initial influence appears good.

Anything but 3 points on Wednesday is an absolute disaster and could finish our Premiership title challenge. I think Wednesday is our biggest match of the season and I'm not looking forwards to it. Can anyone put me in my place and confirm why this isn't true?

Pessimistic Peoffrey.

To answer your question no it's not make or break. Those games have already been and gone. 2-0 up at Fulham etc. Hopefully we will learn from this season, and move on. We are new at this game United have been here for 20 years.

Pezzer2 said:
peoffrey said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
Every game we play between now and the end of the season is make or break.

What riles me the most is I don't think I have watched one United match this season and thought they were any good. Pisses me off big time.There is only one player (Rooney) who I would have in our squad ahead of any of our players, I genuinely believe in every other position we are better.

U****d have got more of a team together and this has only been developed over such a long period of time. They've got a system, found the right players for it and just continually evolved. Their stability in terms of Management is about the one thing I admire about them. We moved Stadium in 2003 and have had 5 Managers in charge inside it. Shocking.

Their experience with a title challenge dwarves ours and now it's starting to show.

Totally agree. The rags have had continuity for years through Baconface's management. You cannot underestimate what he has done, he knows the club inside out and has adapted to many challenges over the years, stability is a must for any club who wants success.

Although some of Mancini's tactics and decision making do baffle me, he has done a fantistic job for us to date and I want him here for the long term. He is still building the dynasty at City, everything what has happened this season should stand us in good stead for next term. The points total he has amassed this season has been amazing and you have to give credit to the the rags to be where they are (luck included). Any other season and we would easily be in pole position.

The most crucial goal is to qualify for Champions League consistently and we are very close to qualifying already, this will carry our momentum into next season and will enable us to attract more quality additions to our squad. We are still progressing believe it or not our time will come and we need to be patient.

We are all disappointed with how we have been eliminated from all our competitions, our luck has been horrendous and we have failed by very fine margins each time It will be all worth it if we can somehow how our nerve to be crowned champions.

Chelsea is a must win, followed by another win at Stoke to send out a message we will fight to the end. We need to get the momentum in full flow again. BELIEVE !!

On our summer hols we'll appreciate how correct these posts are.

"The past was yours but the future's mine, a-iiiii--iii--iii--nnee".

Come on you Blue Boys!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.