Is Cook out of his league?

we will never know whether or not he is out of his league!Top guys at Real Madrid missed out on Ronaldo,Kenyon fooked up over Robinho,Gill lost out on Essien Mikel And Robben.U win some u lose some i suppose,but 1 things 4 sure it will b a great learning curve for him.

i think he could have kaka but with numerous stupid clauses that he was imo right to avoid

Omiclops said:
He is a fucking world class businessman and I find it blasphemous that you would even mention that he did anything wrong. He was just wanting the money, wasn't even mentioning Kaka's future or anything.

Gary Cook = City Legend.

I agree but he is only human and we all make mistakes. My issue is why we wouldnt discuss the wages. We must have had a figure already and if we had revealed it then surely this would have appeased the money grabbers in the meantime.

didnt he look after michael jordon and signed the biggest sponsership deal in sport,so i think the answer is no.

sqblue said:
arguably he was too many leagues above the milan management.

to create the jordan brand and take it to where he did was amazing. probably didn't involve dealing with bent politicians trying to improve their public image.

100% agree.

sqblue said:
arguably he was too many leagues above the milan management.

to create the jordan brand and take it to where he did was amazing. probably didn't involve dealing with bent politicians trying to improve their public image.

the Jordan brand probably generated enough cash to buy Milan--the city, not the team.

only reason i can see to be looking for a flat number, and not discuss image rights that would generate ten times that salary number, is to twist Milan for more money.

the Milan management also seem to have been spooked already by the protests (and threats, etc) by most accounts.

the net impression i get is that by the time they sat down on monday, it was already effectively off.

We needed to know how much he was getting from his image rights and all that before negotiating a fee.

I don't think GC is out of his league - but maybe football works differently to American sports and so he is on a steep learning curve.

I'm sure it's more complicated than this, but on the official website it quotes GC as saying, “What they wanted to talk about was; ‘how much are you going to pay him?’We chose not to get into that and we didn’t make an offer to the player.

“Is he a great footballer? Yes. Does he represent all the values you would want to have as an ambassador of the sport global and were we looking for the opportunity to joint venture in areas that would take this club on to a different platform? Yes, but unfortunately the landscape changed and his representatives wanted to talk about how much we were going to pay him.

“Money was certainly the motive yesterday.”

I just don't see why they didn't just cut to the chase and give a figure, having come so far already? What did we have to lose?

Ah well, got to trust these guys and I am sure it was a pretty difficult situation. Onwards and upwards!

Garry Cook did not 'create' the Jordan brand, nor did he play a big role in the success of it - he is an arrogant sob and does have a long road ahead of him - how many people do you think he has bull-dosed to get to his position? Good thing he has to look at himself everyday in the mirror - one day he may realise his many downfalls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.