Is Eto, Kaká all over again?

Re: Is Eto, Kaká all over again?

there are just too many vibes indicating the eto'o deal ain't gonna happen. the lazy rag journos and sky are gonna have another field day. i don't blame cookie et al for not landing him, it's just a reflection of the club's position in the hierarchy.

i would love to be proved wrong, just can't see it. kaka all over again. anyway we should be put out of our misery on this one tomorrow.

no, its not the same thing all over again.

look at the media reports
kaka: initial skepticism, then they did an about face and said it was very close, then in the final moments we got shafted.
Eto'o: reports initially reasonably positive, now they've all done an about face and said it's gonna collapse.... who is betting on what happens tommorow?

I still have a good feeling about this one - despite all press reports. I think City showed with Kaka that the minute they think the player, or anyone else for that matter, is taking the piss, using us for a better deal elsewhere - we walk. Because that hasn't happened, I still hope.

The end result shall be the same. Player rejects us, becomes current club hero, we get slagged off in the press.

Am I the only one feeling a bit fed up with Eto's constant financial demands? Superb player but is he really a City man? Don't think I will be too sad if he doesn't come - sounds like a Ronaldo type to me.

If you dont ask you dont get.

Those in the media that have criticised us for bidding for Kaka and Eto'o would probably have never expected us to clinch the signing of Robinho and, hopefully, Tevez.

The Eto'o bid shouldnt distract from the signings we have made since the takeover: Given, Bridge, de Jong, Barry, Bellamy, Santa Cruz & Robinho. We have the basis of a very solid squad, most of the new signings understand the Premier League. Eto'o would just be cake icing.

skybluekings said:
As if the media didn't pound us enough. If this Eto deal doesn't come off, the media will have a field day with us and double the impact as 2 world class players 'reject' us.
i must admit its beginning to feel like groundhog day. They reported it on talkshite as Eto going to "shun" city, i'm sure they reported the Kaka saga the same way.

charliebigspuds said:
skybluekings said:
As if the media didn't pound us enough. If this Eto deal doesn't come off, the media will have a field day with us and double the impact as 2 world class players 'reject' us.
i must admit its beginning to feel like groundhog day. They reported it on talkshite as Eto going to "shun" city, i'm sure they reported the Kaka saga the same way.

That's their spin and we can't stop that. City have said nothing. What else could they have done?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.