Is fascism back with us?

As I said its a broad definition which covers many areas
but here's a definition Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy

Please show me where I have not applied this correctly what many commentators have espoused to being acts of authoritarianism ?

The last four years in the US and UK have seen events that fall under this definition. So, yes, broadly I would agree with you. There is an argument that it has always been there, but the institutions that have underpinned the UK (and US) have protected us from going fully down the ultranationalist and authoritarian route. You can watch it play it in a more extreme form in Turkey, where economic logic is replaced by nationalist/religious insanity.

Electing people like Trump and Johnson, who are happy to ignore codes of behaviour and norms, undermine these institutions as they seek to subvert them for their own ends. With Trump it culminated in an attempted coup by the sitting executive. With Johnson it cheapens and reduces them to hapless impotence.

Bottom line, we elected them so we are obliged to live with the consequences.

So you're not a troll but respond in this way , might convince a few with that.

If I was perfect I'd be "king of the world" and have you locked up for eternity with only Banned Tosspot for company.

Maybe I should just change my username and start again ;-)
Also, as a perfect being I'm sure you wouldn't need to hide behind the construct of a monarchy to put the mortals right.

Like crossing a bridge the journey "into the light" will be much easier once the trolls have been eradicated.
Maybe you should start a list of people/things you want eradicated? Round them up, put them in camps and create your very own little 'safe space'.

I'm sure many of us will read that and mentally check off some or all as part of the present, but think back to any era and you can do the same - cold war definitely, war against terror (lol), ww1&2 the same.

I'm sure many of us will read that and mentally check off some or all as part of the present, but think back to any era and you can do the same - cold war definitely, war against terror (lol), ww1&2 the same.
Don’t agree mate. In my view it’s worse now that at any time I can remember. Some of the stuff we laugh at now on a regular basis would have brought down governments in the past. We are all little frogs sitting in a pan of water with the temperature literally being notched up a degree every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.