Is football corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Is football corrupt...I suppose it is like asking are mp's on the fiddle,are there bent cops etc..

Of course we know the answer in the main is no,however a small percentage of people in any walk of life be it sport,politics,law and order are corrupt and always will be however to label football as being corrupt as a whole is a little concerning.

I can see why people think there is an agenda against us. Some of the decisions we aren't getting does make you question things. Lack of cards dished out last night,nailed on pen not given however I like to think that things will even themselves out.

Imagine the uproar if bacon faces team had been on the receiving end of that pen decision last night.

There would be no uproar cos it would never happen, they are protected, the draw itself tells you that.

Just wondering what injury time means ? We got 3mins. In that 3 mins, one of their players was lying on the half way line and the ref wandered over to ask how he was. They used a substitution as well. Is this time added on to the added on time ? I know it was for the Owen goal at the swamp, but is it different for City ?

de niro said:
Is football corrupt...I suppose it is like asking are mp's on the fiddle,are there bent cops etc..

Of course we know the answer in the main is no,however a small percentage of people in any walk of life be it sport,politics,law and order are corrupt and always will be however to label football as being corrupt as a whole is a little concerning.

I can see why people think there is an agenda against us. Some of the decisions we aren't getting does make you question things. Lack of cards dished out last night,nailed on pen not given however I like to think that things will even themselves out.

Imagine the uproar if bacon faces team had been on the receiving end of that pen decision last night.

There would be no uproar cos it would never happen, they are protected, the draw itself tells you that.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if that could be proven though my friend. I do think that the powers that be have an issue with our club. Be it our "Muslim" owners,be it our "money". I really don't know why anymore? I was thinking about it last night on the way home and all our club has done is do what others have done in a shorter period of time. Yes it pisses me off to some tune but I still feel that we can't state that football is corrupt or there is an agenda against us however it certainly feels that way at the moment.

de niro said:

Wouldn't it be fantastic if that could be proven though my friend. I do think that the powers that be have an issue with our club. Be it our "Muslim" owners,be it our "money". I really don't know why anymore? I was thinking about it last night on the way home and all our club has done is do what others have done in a shorter period of time. Yes it pisses me off to some tune but I still feel that we can't state that football is corrupt or there is an agenda against us however it certainly feels that way at the moment.

They hate our money and hate our progress, that fact we hurt the rags along the way is a double whammy. The rags are their cash cow in fact make that a herd, they simply have to protect that at all costs, even if it means cheating.

Lets be honest in the rags v chelsea game I think the only way clatenburg could have made it more obvious what he was up to was to have headed one in for the rags & gone over to celebrate with the fans,
Last night the only way that ref could have made it any more obvious what he was up to would have been to get in goal & start leaping about to keep the ball out,
The rags game gets neatly swept under the carpet because chelsea say the ref was name calling,
Last night will get neatly swept under the carpet because city players are on lots of money, mancini is feeling the presure, mario will be charged for complaining etc etc....
The net result of the above cheating is the rags are top by 2 points & we are out of the champions league, of course these things are supposed to even themsevs out over a season? really.

piffy on a rock bun said:
Lets be honest in the rags v chelsea game I think the only way clatenburg could have made it more obvious what he was up to was to have headed one in for the rags & gone over to celebrate with the fans,
Last night the only way that ref could have made it any more obvious what he was up to would have been to get in goal & start leaping about to keep the ball out,
The rags game gets neatly swept under the carpet because chelsea say the ref was name calling,
Last night will get neatly swept under the carpet because city players are on lots of money, mancini is feeling the presure, mario will be charged for complaining etc etc....
The net result of the above cheating is the rags are top by 2 points & we are out of the champions league, of course these things are supposed to even themsevs out over a season? really.

The day we got our money football shit itself , uefa shit itself, sky sorts shit itself, the rag media shit itself and of course mufc shit itself. Since then there has been a systematic campaign to keep us at bay. Poor Chelsea never stood a chance, those points were needed by united to lead the table, they can't for the life of them beat us so they need gifting points elsewhere. We had little little chance of progressing in the champions league from the off.they did their dirty deed for the second year running with the corrupt draw, last night they drafted in a bent ref just in case. Had we Won and god forbid eventually went through its puts in a much much stronger position in the January window. We would have even more money to attract even better players with the promise of CL football and in fact a chance to even win it. Now we seem out, money is tight ( not really but Platini has got his way) and any player worth his salt will want to play in that tournement. Of course that said player would also make us stronger in the prem and enhance our chances of retaining the title. In turn we may even get more coefficient points for next seasons CL.
No, sorry cant be having that.

Bent, corrupt? No even subtle, they are proud of it.

City Raider said:
its incompetence, nothing else from refs

what might be viewed as corrupt though is the governing bodies seeming refusal to address this incompetence

There's more to it than incompetence.

Whether there is some grand design with an evil mastermind stroking a white cat somewhere, I am not so sure.

But do situations arise where for whatever reason, the officials deliberately try to skew the result? 100% definitely. I would bet my house on it.

Last night was one such event. Rags v Chelsea last week was another.

CBlue said:
Yaya_Tony said:
CBlue said:
Absolutely not - the game is massively changed. Currently only the ref can stop a game - you're suggesting that a manager has that ability as well. Does the ref stop the game as soon as a challenge is made (how is this communicated?)? Does he wait until the next "natural" stop in play? What does "immediately after the incident" mean? 3 Seconds? 5 seconds? a minute? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?
Manager communicates the challenge through the 4th official. Bear in mind he only gets to do this twice in 90 mins, so won't use it flippantly. At most 30 seconds after, lets say.
How does the ref know that 30 seconds have elapsed - he doesn't know what the appeal is for? How do you stop the game to conduct the review? Who conducts the review? Who determines which cameras/views the ref can have? Intersting to see how this can work in Europe with, say, a Russian 4th official & a German manager!

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:37 pm --

Yaya_Tony said:
In many circumstances the challenge would be to a decision already made, so no further break in play than has already occured. The manager is only likely to challenge a decision that has already resulted in a break in play, and in any case the ref can add this time to the match just like he does now via injury time.
That's total nonsense - Mancini would have appealed Yaya's penalty decision in today's game - how would he have done so? You can't change the laws of the game based on "many circumstances", they have to cover "all circumstances".

You seem to be bogged down in detail, whilst not seeing the bigger picture.

Are there lots of duff decisions? Yes.

Does technology exist that if implemented sensibly could help improve the quality of the decisions? Yes.

Should we consider what technologies could be used and how to implement them? Yes.

Your line of "it would be difficult so let's not even think about it" is really not tenable.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Obviously in Italy it is, and this has been proven. It hasn't been proven in England yet, or in Europe (UEFA), but would it truly surprise you if one day in the future corruption was uncovered??

Yes, we get dodgy decisions in our favour at times, as does every team on the planet, but nights like tonight make me think that football does have some level of corruption running through it - FFP rules appeared in 2008, just after we were bought by Mansour, and as far as I'm aware this was concocted by a panel of representatives from the likes of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and United.

Did anyone question Lance Armstrong when he was winning races? No.

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a sport that is fixed in a similar way to WWE.

I wouldn't call WWE fixed. It's scripted to happen that way. And there are actually people out there who would believe John Cena fought to win the title or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.