Is football corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think football is the only professional sport on this planet that doesn't want to use technology to help referees.....it has nothing to do with Grass roots, fans discussion, etc its about UEFA/FIFA being able to control the game to suit there agend

FIFA/UEFA are bent there is no doubt about it, using TV replays to help referees would totally take the control they have over a game away from them, the Champions League draw is not a draw it never has been under the current system, last night was very suspicious to me the linesman especially couldn't wait to get his flag up at every opportunity, using TV would have totally taken the decisions made right out of the hands of the officials last night and that is what FIFA/UEFA are scared to death of......why?

big blueballs said:
Why do you think football is the only professional sport on this planet that doesn't want to use technology to help referees.....it has nothing to do with Grass roots, fans discussion, etc its about UEFA/FIFA being able to control the game to suit there agend

FIFA/UEFA are bent there is no doubt about it, using TV replays to help referees would totally take the control they have over a game away from them, the Champions League draw is not a draw it never has been under the current system, last night was very suspicious to me the linesman especially couldn't wait to get his flag up at every opportunity, using TV would have totally taken the decisions made right out of the hands of the officials last night and that is what FIFA/UEFA are scared to death of......why?

Nail on head.

I started this morning thinking we just have biased officials, a few bent ones - not many - but no corrupt "system" or grand plan.

I have changed my mind.

Sepp Blatter is (er, "allegedly") a crook - we know that from the TV documentaries. FIFA is bent - we know that - ditto. At the same time, vast amounts of money are washing around, TV rights, gambling revenues, merchandising in Thailand - whatever. Vast amounts of money.

So in the melting pot you have a bad set of variables to start with, bent senior Execs and loads of money.

Then you ask yourself, if it's actually straight, if there really is no agenda and no corruption, why are the people at the top not looking at the terrible decisions and doing something about changing things to improve the situation? Their silence is deafening. Why is there no public outcry about the shit Chelsea had to put up with last week? Why no investigation into last night's shameful decisions? Why no changes to how referees are selected, reviewed, rewarded, penalised? Why no new technology introductions?

The only possible conclusion is that those at the top are happy with the status quo. If they were not happy, they would change it.

So you have bent execs, money, duff decisions and nothing being done. This can only mean one thing: there must be an agenda at the top. For whatever reason - £200m in a Swiss bank account for someone at FIFA or whatever - the top CL clubs are being "helped".

Maybe we have just been shit all through this champions league campaign
And thats the reason we are at the bottom of the group
Just a thought

The cookie monster said:
Just a thought

Not a very well thought through thought.

I don't think this thread is about last night. But even allowing for our shitness, we basically won last night but had the victory adjusted back to a draw.

The cookie monster said:
Just a thought

You didn't play that bad last night, IMO, and certainly drew the short straw regarding the officiating. Then again, you were given a helping hand against Dortmund as I certainly don't think that was a penalty and that salvaged an undeserved draw for you and kept you 'in it'.

Fact is, you still are in it, just.

As for the comment above about the big clubs being favoured...are Chelsea part of that big club quota, as I seem to recall them being on the receiving end of one of the worst examples of officiating ever seen, a few years back against Barcelona.

That non-penalty of Mario's last night was a cert, however, the offside was very close and therefore you can see why sometimes that would be given and sometimes it wouldn't.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 am --<br /><br />
Chippy_boy said:
The cookie monster said:
Just a thought

Not a very well thought through thought.

I don't think this thread is about last night. But even allowing for our shitness, we basically won last night but had the victory adjusted back to a draw.

Then by the same logic, I presume, you basically lost at home to Dortmund a few weeks back but had the loss adjusted forward to a draw?

Chippy_boy said:
CBlue said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Manager communicates the challenge through the 4th official. Bear in mind he only gets to do this twice in 90 mins, so won't use it flippantly. At most 30 seconds after, lets say.
How does the ref know that 30 seconds have elapsed - he doesn't know what the appeal is for? How do you stop the game to conduct the review? Who conducts the review? Who determines which cameras/views the ref can have? Intersting to see how this can work in Europe with, say, a Russian 4th official & a German manager!

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:37 pm --

Yaya_Tony said:
In many circumstances the challenge would be to a decision already made, so no further break in play than has already occured. The manager is only likely to challenge a decision that has already resulted in a break in play, and in any case the ref can add this time to the match just like he does now via injury time.
That's total nonsense - Mancini would have appealed Yaya's penalty decision in today's game - how would he have done so? You can't change the laws of the game based on "many circumstances", they have to cover "all circumstances".

You seem to be bogged down in detail, whilst not seeing the bigger picture.

Are there lots of duff decisions? Yes.

Does technology exist that if implemented sensibly could help improve the quality of the decisions? Yes.

Should we consider what technologies could be used and how to implement them? Yes.

Your line of "it would be difficult so let's not even think about it" is really not tenable.
Agreed. He's trying to make it far more difficult than it should or would be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.