Is football corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football is actually more corrupt than the conspiracy theorists believe. Those who believe differently are either idiots or refuse to believe the evidence.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Embarrassing thread, what about our controversial penalty vs Dortmund or Nolans goal against Us, we were just shit tonight end off.
We weren't shit tonight, we should have won. The ref fucked up at the end, but we weren't shit. END OV:

Plain Speaking said:
CBlue said:
Balti said:
clowns for officials

technology now and overrule these incompetent tossers from the video room when they get such blatant decisions so badly wrong
Technology (in the manner that you describe) allows you 2 attempts at being corrupt. It actually makes it easier. They could have ruled out both of City's goals without the need for an explanation.
I disagree. If you have watched how video technology has made rugby, cricket
and tennis much fairer in their decisions. There is much more chance of making mistakes/cheating when you make decisions in an instant and their is no way to correct or check your call.
Video refs for:
1. Red card/no red card decisions
2. Penalty/no penalty decisions
3. Check questionable incidents directly leading to a goal (offside/foul/handball etc)
4. Goal line incidents.

Nothin more, nothing less.

Football is almost impossible to officiate properly the day it is. There's too much doubt at the pace the game is now played. Even watching back The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 with games from just 25-30 years ago, the game is unbelievably faster now to then. We need a video ref.

Plain Speaking said:
CBlue said:
Balti said:
clowns for officials

technology now and overrule these incompetent tossers from the video room when they get such blatant decisions so badly wrong
Technology (in the manner that you describe) allows you 2 attempts at being corrupt. It actually makes it easier. They could have ruled out both of City's goals without the need for an explanation.
and tennis much fairer in their decisions. There is much more chance of making mistakes/cheating when you make decisions in an instant and their is no way to correct or check your call.
You're forgetting the option that a perfectly good goal could be ruled out by a VR. Are the players going to charge into the stands & start banging on the doors to argue a decision? If an on-field ref doesn't make a call then the VR could make the call - against your team.

danburge82 said:
ballinio said:
dronefromsector7g said:
Just feel like jacking it in after watching that.
i think that could be my last champions league game tonight
But we're playing the biggest club on the planet next.

I actually don't think this competition is anywhere near a special as its made out by the media. There's no real buzz in the stands or around the ground before the game at all, but surely you want to be there against Real Madrid. Even if they hammer us they'll be good to watch.

The atmosphere is down because there hasn't been much to celebrate in this competition so far. Getting a big scalp in the future will definately turn the screw and raise the spirits. For every footballer, the CL is the pinnacle of their careers. It is the difference between joining or staying at a club. Regardless of what the fans think about the competition, it's the players that make a football team. You only have to recall the jubilation and jaw dropping occurences that Chelsea experienced in the CL semi finals and final last season. You could live off a memory like that for decades.

danburge82 said:
ballinio said:
dronefromsector7g said:
Just feel like jacking it in after watching that.
i think that could be my last champions league game tonight
But we're playing the biggest club on the planet next.

I actually don't think this competition is anywhere near a special as its made out by the media. There's no real buzz in the stands or around the ground before the game at all, but surely you want to be there against Real Madrid. Even if they hammer us they'll be good to watch.
uefa & in particular the champions league is bent & i want nothing to do with it. City should tear up this ffp crap and buy who they like , we will never make friends like we are trying to do , just win the Premier league & give two fingers to his corrupt organisation & thier bent competition.

Football has been corrupt for a long time.

We need machines to replace linesmen for calling offside.

Cameras to do referees jobs.

Simple.

danburge82 said:
Plain Speaking said:
CBlue said:
Video refs for:
1. Red card/no red card decisions
2. Penalty/no penalty decisions
3. Check questionable incidents directly leading to a goal (offside/foul/handball etc)
4. Goal line incidents.

Nothin more, nothing less.

Football is almost impossible to officiate properly the day it is. There's too much doubt at the pace the game is now played. Even watching back The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 with games from just 25-30 years ago, the game is unbelievably faster now to then. We need a video ref.
1. What's a "no red card decision"?
2. What's a "no penalty" decision? Who decides that a situation should be reviewed? It can't be the ref - he would have given the decision if he saw it.
3. How far back do you go? What happens to the time played if an offence is found to have taken place at some stage during the build-up to a goal?
4. How can a camera tell if a ball has crossed the line when there are bodies obstructing the picture(s)? How are you going to prevent the vandals nicking/breaking them on Hough End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.