Is Gaël Clichy that good?

As an Arsenal fan I was glad to see him leave as he cost us so many big matches because he can't defend.

MSP said:
The irony is that his crosses are much better this season and that's all he needed to be very good year or two ago. But his defending is getting worse and worse.

Not playing regulary can't help his cause,as he has to compete most times with that other super left hand sided player we have,(AK) NOT,when Clichy first arrived he was a breath of fresh air,up and down,not too scared at putting his foot in,and could fire a cross over as well,but that today was woeful from him,and he'll know it,others to consider bombing out before him yet I would say<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:12 pm --<br /><br />
Gillespie said:
As an Arsenal fan I was glad to see him leave as he cost us so many big matches because he can't defend.

And he's still better than the ones you have now !

meeesh said:
MSP said:
The irony is that his crosses are much better this season and that's all he needed to be very good year or two ago. But his defending is getting worse and worse.

Not playing regulary can't help his cause,as he has to compete most times with that other super left hand sided player we have,(AK) NOT,when Clichy first arrived he was a breath of fresh air,up and down,not too scared at putting his foot in,and could fire a cross over as well,but that today was woeful from him,and he'll know it,others to consider bombing out before him yet I would say

-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:12 pm --

Gillespie said:

Christ they must be wank then

The thing that really gets me about him is he seems to be a bottler.
Everyone can have a bad game, but he seems to lose it when it really matters

meeesh said:
MSP said:

Not playing regulary can't help his cause,as he has to compete most times with that other super left hand sided player we have,(AK) NOT,when Clichy first arrived he was a breath of fresh air,up and down,not too scared at putting his foot in,and could fire a cross over as well,but that today was woeful from him,and he'll know it,others to consider bombing out before him yet I would say

-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:12 pm --

Gillespie said:

Give me Kieron Gibbs any day. At least he can defend.

Get Luke Shaw here in the summer. No if's no butt's.
Clichy's time has come.
A pale shadow of the title winning season. Albeit a totally diferent system now that he's just not made for.

Demichellis overcommitting, and Clichy ball watching cost us the game today.
Sure most of the other starters were subpar.
But you can't give any team a 2 goal start and expect to turn it around on a regular basis.

And to be honest Wigan were magnificent in the second half, when we did step up a couple of gears.
Still there's no point in looking back. It's gone.
On to the Camp Nou, and a Barcelona team that's also coming off a terrible result against relegation fodder Valladolid.

If our big players step on Wednesday you never know.
As Greavsey always said "funny old game"<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:59 pm --<br /><br />Get Luke Shaw here in the summer. No if's no butt's.
Clichy's time has come.
A pale shadow of the title winning season. Albeit a totally diferent system now that he's just not made for.

But you can't give any team a 2 goal start and expect to turn it around on a regular basis.

And to be honest Wigan were magnificent in the second half, when we did step up a couple of gears.
On to the Camp Nou, and a Barcelona team that's also coming off a terrible result against relegation fodder Valladolid.

As Greavsey always said "funny old game"

Maineman55 said:
Clichy's time has come.

-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:59 pm --

Clichy's time has come.

As good a prospect as Luke Shaw is, might I point out he is only 18?

Shaw is going to Chelsea if he goes anywhere. He's a Chelsea fan and wants to play for them so we should forget about him.

IMO Clichy in the title season was helped by our tactics and Vinnie, Lescott and Hart having the season's of their lives. He was exposed last season without having Lescott at his best and Vinnie as well covering up mistakes by the whole team not just him. To me he's been overrated. He hasn't even been able to win the starting LB for France. United are desperate to get rid of Evra. Have felt he's not been good enough the last 2 years yet he's still the first choice LB over Clichy for France. That should tell us something.

Clichy has really frustrated me this year. He's lost his starting role and it doesn't seem to matter to him. You'd think that when he gets these opportunities he'd be looking to impress and win his job back. I haven't seen that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.