Is Haaland already a City legend?

During Haaland's debut campaign, he scored 52 goals in 53 games and was arguably the best player in the greatest Brittish team ever. Not to mention how many individual accolades Haaland have earned after his debut season.

Nobody is questioning Javi Martinez as a genuine Bayern Munich legend despite he had only 1 great season for them. And that was his debut campaign in 2012-13 season when Bayern won their first Treble. At that time, Javi Martinez was easily regarded as the best DM in the world.

So there's already a precedent for it.

If Haaland gets a career-ending injury tomorrow and is forced to retire from the game, would you consider him as a Man City legend?

No

No. time comes into it at least be here 5 years or 10 and contribute to the sucess like Aguero for example. Premier league legend for sure.

No way. He's got quite a few years and a long way to go to be considered a bona-fide legend at City.

Personally, I think he'll be gone before long. There's too much money to be made moving around nowadays. Loyalty means very little.
That’s made my mind up then.
Yep, definitely a legend.

That’s made my mind up then.
Yep, definitely a legend.
That's actually quite a petty response Phil.

He'll almost certainly be considered a legend in European football, but as much as I hope it will, I'm not so sure it will be for his achievements at City.

We'll see. I'll be just as happy as you if he signs a new contract at City.

No. time comes into it at least be here 5 years or 10 and contribute to the sucess like Aguero for example. Premier league legend for sure.
Why is he a prem legend but not city legend? Surely the time aspect is applied to both league and club. Are you saying legend has two different meanings ?

In general I would say legendary status requires longevity as well as brilliance, but if he retired now he would be the scorer of 52 goals in our most successful season ever.

Given the above and the fact that he clearly loves the club, he’s already there I would say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.