Is Haaland already a City legend?

I love haaland in the team and love to see him score goals for us that win us trophies he is one of the top strikers football has seen, is he a legend for us right now no but I hope he becomes one in the future he will have to be here for 5 years + to get that status, he has all credentials to become one I hope he takes it.

During Haaland's debut campaign, he scored 52 goals in 53 games and was arguably the best player in the greatest Brittish team ever. Not to mention how many individual accolades Haaland have earned after his debut season.

Nobody is questioning Javi Martinez as a genuine Bayern Munich legend despite he had only 1 great season for them. And that was his debut campaign in 2012-13 season when Bayern won their first Treble. At that time, Javi Martinez was easily regarded as the best DM in the world.

So there's already a precedent for it.

If Haaland gets a career-ending injury tomorrow and is forced to retire from the game, would you consider him as a Man City legend?
No, you are very previous , he has only done a season and a bit

Hard to label him a legend after only one season, that term is bandied around too easily these days. However, I'd say he's well on his way.

In terms of accolades, he's already poised to be one. Broke the goalscoring record, won a treble, and won our first Champions League. If he carries on for a couple more seasons, I've no shadow of a doubt he will be a legend for us.
"He be a legend for us". I agree, he will be, as was Goater, SWP, Dunne Lake etc. But they are revered as club legends, not regarded as legends throughout the game.

To be regarded as a legend throughout the game a player has to prove himself in his league, in Europe and for his country for at least 10 years. Kompany, Silva Aguero and even Yaya are revered throughout the game as footballing legends. Yaya isn't held in quite as high esteem as the other 3 due to tarnishing his legacy with several antics, 'cakegate' and accusing Pep of being racist did him no favours. But as a football legend he's up there.

What defines a legend ? It has to be over a number of years legends are not made in 12 months , if he completes his contract and scores a couple of hundred goals , wins Champs leagues and Balon D'OR's in the process then he becomes a significant part of our history and not just a City legend but also a Premier league and Champs league legend.
At the moment he is a remarkable footballer who is breaking records for fun and is worth the admission price alone , to witness such a hungry , ambitious , committed player is rare in the modern game , he is going to be remembered as one of the greats in the game , and also remember he is only 23 years old and will not be in his prime for at least five years , god help any centre backs when the complete Erling Haaland is taking to the pitch , just hope he is still wearing our shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.