Is Haaland already a City legend?

He has made history and broken records, so he won't be forgotten. But he needs to do more to be considered a legend. He needs a few more seasons and crucial moments of brilliance.

I understand now, given a couple of details about you, why you want him seen as a legend now. But you're biased!
Haaland is a legend all right, based on all achievements he has accomplished in one year. And I'm not biased mate ;)
It's anyones right to decide who are their City legends.

Haaland hasn't scored as many in the beginning of this season as his first season, if he had, everyone would have called him a legend allready.

Not yet... He is a great player with a fantastic first season, but Can't be a City legend with just a couple of years in the club....

During Haaland's debut campaign, he scored 52 goals in 53 games and was arguably the best player in the greatest Brittish team ever. Not to mention how many individual accolades Haaland have earned after his debut season.

Nobody is questioning Javi Martinez as a genuine Bayern Munich legend despite he had only 1 great season for them. And that was his debut campaign in 2012-13 season when Bayern won their first Treble. At that time, Javi Martinez was easily regarded as the best DM in the world.

So there's already a precedent for it.

If Haaland gets a career-ending injury tomorrow and is forced to retire from the game, would you consider him as a Man City legend?
Difficult question as it comes down to definition/interpretation of legend.

For me, no. In 30 years time, we would talk about the treble winning season as "Well, we had Haaland that season" as a bit of a token add on. Whereas I suspect we would talk about KDB in a slightly different view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.