is homekit being unveiled today? [Merged]

The new Goalkeeping shirt is top notch. Looks very classy - would go well with a pair of jeans for matchday attire.

Re: New Home Kit now on OS

Dubai Blue said:
Wheelsy said:
Or maybe all in sky blue?

But as a rule, I hate when clubs put a monochrome badge on their kit. To me, that relegates the significance of the club behind that of the kit manufacturer.
It's purely a cost-saving measure by the manufacturer and it does my head in as well. That's the only gripe I have with it though.

See I have to disagree there mate. Because let's face it, are people more likely to buy plain white (or the navy away shorts) with or without the City badge or Umbro logos. I think most prefer the latter. Speaking personally, I have no desire whatsoever to buy this seasons' shorts.

I admire Umbro for going for the 'tonal' shorts in their England/City range, because to me they've sacrificed sales for asthetics, and that's a pretty brave move.

Wheelsy said:
^^^ That is exactly what I mean.
I hated it on this kit (and the red and black one worn in the Blackburn promotion game)

shirt32.jpg

Nicky D said:
Dubai Blue said:
A maroon stripe down both sides of the shorts would have been a nice touch and I'd rather see the badge in full colour on the shorts, but all in all it's a great effort.

Yeah totally agree mate, or at least it would've been good to see a maroon stripe. But even the shorts plain as they are hark back to the lates 60s; though I'm not likely to buy all-white shorts.

Agree - just very fine. faint maroon piping also on the shirt cuff and around the umbro diamond would have been perfect - god I´m sounding like a fookin girlie!

Nicky D said:
Dubai Blue said:
It's purely a cost-saving measure by the manufacturer and it does my head in as well. That's the only gripe I have with it though.

See I have to disagree there mate. Because let's face it, are people more likely to buy plain white (or the navy away shorts) with or without the City badge or Umbro logos. I think most prefer the latter. Speaking personally, I have no desire whatsoever to buy this seasons' shorts.

I admire Umbro for going for the 'tonal' shorts in their England/City range, because to me they've sacrificed sales for asthetics, and that's a pretty brave move.
I understand what you're saying, but I can't imagine shorts are much of a seller anyway and it's a lot cheaper to manufacture shorts with one colour of stitching all the way through them.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Nicky D said:
Yeah totally agree mate, or at least it would've been good to see a maroon stripe. But even the shorts plain as they are hark back to the lates 60s; though I'm not likely to buy all-white shorts.

Agree - just very fine. faint maroon piping also on the shirt cuff and around the umbro diamond would have been perfect - god I´m sounding like a fookin girlie!

Haha - I feel the same!<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:46 pm --<br /><br />
Dubai Blue said:
Nicky D said:

I understand what you're saying, but I can't imagine shorts are much of a seller anyway and it's a lot cheaper to manufacture shorts with one colour of stitching all the way through them.

True. But put it this way: if last season we'd worn all-white shorts, and this season shorts with a blue stripe down the side, I'd be more inclined to buy the latter. Still baffled as to why they didn't go for the maroon stripe to complete the effect, especially given the bar scarf in the inside of the collar.

The home shorts are plain white so they will go with the third shirt. As UEFA wouldn't let us submit the navy blue away shirt as our change colours, the white shirt will be our european away kit.

If the shorts had maroon piping, they'd look silly against the red and black sash on the white shirt.

Blue-Eyes said:
The home shorts are plain white so they will go with the third shirt. As UEFA wouldn't let us submit the navy blue away shirt as our change colours, the white shirt will be our european away kit.

If the shorts had maroon piping, they'd look silly against the red and black sash on the white shirt.

Yeah that's definitely true. That's one of the things I like about our Umbro kits - the shorts can be paired with multiple shirts, like last season's away kits. Very clever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.