Is it just family.....

My family was one of the reasons i thought "fuck it, i'm out of here", everyone's circumstance's are different, but in the end, you have to do what is best for you.

You only live once, and if you have the chance, take it.
Looking back as an old man/woman, thinking "fuck, i wish i had taken that chance", must be a bastard.

It is not like it is permanent decision these days either, if you do not like it go back home.

Plus if you do like it and miss family, even in Australia it is only a 22 hour flight back home.

Danielmanc said:
AlexWilliamsGloves said:
I was incredibly close to moving to Australia (Melbourne) about 18 months ago....even got to final interview with a company.

I have two kids, 8 and 15...we were set to do it, had told relatives we were considering it. Unfortunately i was unsuccessful at the final hurdle, but the process would have took another 6-12 months to apply and secure another job.

Now that my daughter has started her GCSEs i just dont feel its fair to up sticks and leave...would through her in to turmoil.

We might consider it again prior to her A-Levels, or more than likely...if/when she gets to University...maybe see if she can study over there

Melbourne is a fantastic city too - great quality of life to be had there. I hope you make it there next time.

Me too...i must say i got some really helpful advice from some Blues in Aus from this forum...so, thanks again :-)

This thread has just prompted me to look up University studies in Australia...if/when my daughter is able to apply for Uni, perhaps she could go there...and i go and work???

Hmmm

I came out here 17 years ago,and I've never regreted it but I do miss my mum and sister(I don't have anything to do with my dad and one sibling).
Every time they come out,it gets harder to say goodbye,especially as my mum is not getting any younger.
I go back a bit and every time I do,it reinforces my decision to move to Australia,as the people are great but the quality of life in Manchester just can't compare.
Believe me watching City in the middle of the night is a small price to pay.

2sheikhs said:
......that stops you from just selling up and moving abroad?
One of my best mates is moving to Tenerife because he's had enough here. My kids are my Mums life and I know it would break her heart if we emigrated.
If you sold up, where would you go?

family and friends and city

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
Danielmanc said:
AlexWilliamsGloves said:
I was incredibly close to moving to Australia (Melbourne) about 18 months ago....even got to final interview with a company.

I have two kids, 8 and 15...we were set to do it, had told relatives we were considering it. Unfortunately i was unsuccessful at the final hurdle, but the process would have took another 6-12 months to apply and secure another job.

Now that my daughter has started her GCSEs i just dont feel its fair to up sticks and leave...would through her in to turmoil.

We might consider it again prior to her A-Levels, or more than likely...if/when she gets to University...maybe see if she can study over there

Melbourne is a fantastic city too - great quality of life to be had there. I hope you make it there next time.

Me too...i must say i got some really helpful advice from some Blues in Aus from this forum...so, thanks again :-)

This thread has just prompted me to look up University studies in Australia...if/when my daughter is able to apply for Uni, perhaps she could go there...and i go and work???

Hmmm

And then i find the "Course Fees for International Students" section and promptly close my browser......gulp!

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
AlexWilliamsGloves said:
Danielmanc said:

Hmmm

And then i find the "Course Fees for International Students" section and promptly close my browser......gulp!

If you all get permanent residency, she may be able to pay the fees off, like Aussie students, look further in to it, mate.

My mum moved over to Tenerife about 8 years ago. Loves it especially the weather. She obvioulsy misses me and my sister and probably moreso the grandkids but shes pushing 60 now so fair play to her. Id join her out there tomorrow but I have a 6 year old son here, not with his mum anymore. Never in a million years could I leave him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.