Is it just family.....

Every time I'm away in a foreign country, I can't wait to get back to the Uk where everything is familiar. So no, although the Uk has it's very bad points, it's not all bad.

2sheikhs said:
......that stops you from just selling up and moving abroad?
One of my best mates is moving to Tenerife because he's had enough here. My kids are my Mums life and I know it would break her heart if we emigrated.
If you sold up, where would you go?

Family. City.

This and only this.

I'd go in a heartbeat and have quals in mechanics (automotive) as well as welding and fabricating but the Mrs is too family orientated which is sad as her mum and dad have told her to spread her wings a little and if we didn't like it come back. I just feel if we went she wouldn't be truely happy and it would strain the relationship :(

Just my degree stopping me at the moment, but that's done next year and then I'm offski. Not sure I'll emigrate for good though

pominoz said:
My family was one of the reasons i thought "fuck it, i'm out of here", everyone's circumstance's are different, but in the end, you have to do what is best for you.

You only live once, and if you have the chance, take it.
Looking back as an old man/woman, thinking "fuck, i wish i had taken that chance", must be a bastard.

It is not like it is permanent decision these days either, if you do not like it go back home.

Plus if you do like it and miss family, even in Australia it is only a 22 hour flight back home.

This

Plus with Skype you can keep in touch much better these days

I've done that part and moved from Croatia to Bosnia as soon as I got married.

It wasn't easy to leave my parents there as brother moved too in same time but there is some stuff that had to be done, my parents moved in opposite direction 40 years ago too and left their parents as that as the better thing to do for them then.

Moving just for sake of it - no, but if you have the good reason to do it and good things overcome the bad ones, you just make it.

To be honest it's much easier to move from Croatia to Bosnia that from UK to spain as it's pretty much same mentality, same language, I knew lot of people already, had relatives in Sarajevo etc.

I do feel guilty sometimes though, my parent are old now and any day could be the sad one. I do wonder sometimes how I would feel in that case after deliberately missing years with them. But again, it's all about kids so I guess I have some excuse.

Two Hoots said:
pominoz said:
My family was one of the reasons i thought "fuck it, i'm out of here", everyone's circumstance's are different, but in the end, you have to do what is best for you.

You only live once, and if you have the chance, take it.
Looking back as an old man/woman, thinking "fuck, i wish i had taken that chance", must be a bastard.

It is not like it is permanent decision these days either, if you do not like it go back home.

Plus if you do like it and miss family, even in Australia it is only a 22 hour flight back home.

This

Plus with Skype you can keep in touch much better these days

Both quotes, so very,very true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.