Is it just me or has Kolarov...

AdamManCity

Seemed to have got faster, maybe he has been gradually been recovering from his injury? His form is also improving and he played fantastic on saturday maybe overshadowed in some blues eyes by his greediness but I am more than willing to give him another season to prove himself

I thought he was very good on Saturday but like you say most blues will remember him shooting from stupid angles.

I reckon he'll be much better next season but Roberto needs to coach him in the same way he did with Johnson this season, ie knowing when to shoot and when to pass.

He needs to learn when to shoot maybe, but I agree he has had 2 very good games at Wembley against good wingers.

AdamManCity said:
Seemed to have got faster, maybe he has been gradually been recovering from his injury? His form is also improving and he played fantastic on saturday maybe overshadowed in some blues eyes by his greediness but I am more than willing to give him another season to prove himself

He does look to have improved on pace. He got in to some great positions on Saturday but made the wrong choices.

Personally, I prefer Zabaleta in that spot.

Looked much better but wtf is he thinking about when he shoots sometimes. I was screaming at him to cross the ball in the Final when he blasted it into the side netting when about 2 yards from the byline.

He needs a good slap around the head for some of his decisions to shoot (preferably when asleep on the train :p)

had a poor season but played well twice at wembley has the atttributes maybe he just needs to be coached when to shoot pass etc prem has been a big learning curve for him.Debatable wether he will get the time to improve and be first choice but my guess is he will be 2nd choice and we will sign another left back pity really had high hopes for him.

He gave away a few suspect free kicks in dangerous areas, but I can only remember Pennant getting inside the full backs once all game. Defensively and positionally I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for. He just needs to improve a couple of things:

1. Knowing when shooting is wasteful.
2. Timing his tackles.

He also gave the ball away in an attacking position once or twice, which is bound to happen but he could learn not to lose it in such an outright manner. If it looks like you're going to lose it in the opponents half then you put it out of play or commit a minor foul. You do what you can to stop the opponent breaking.

I think Kolarov will come good , I think he has the essentials down he just needs another year with Bobby to work on a few things. He could be a valuable squad member though.

AdamManCity said:
His form is also improving and he played fantastic on saturday

Form improving - yes,it could hardly of got worse.....

Played fantastic - No,he did well but his decision making is awful and still needs to display more heart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.