Is it just me

But also supported by fans who live their life around their football clubs, who’ve supported their clubs long before their current players signed for them and will long after those same players leave, and who want them to win with every cell of their body and the frustrations that come out when mistakes happen are only natural.
Still no need for the vitriol and insane abuse they get

Yesterday was a good example of a game where, if we were in the ground, you would have a few beers and then once the second one goes in, you'd be having a bit of a laugh with people around you, singing songs, taking in the atmosphere etc etc. It's very lonely watching TV on your own.
It is , which is why the match threads are so good , take it as just people sounding off as we go along , up and down and dont take offence . I draw a line at cal!ing the players or each other cunts though or more extreme things

It is , which is why the match threads are so good , take it as just people sounding off as we go along , up and down and dont take offence . I draw a line at cal!ing the players or each other cunts though or more extreme things
I lurk in the match day thread, and it certainly gives me the vibes of a matchday experience when I sat in front of someone who inexplicably hated David Silva or hated when a Pep side passed back to the keeper, so it's authentic in that regard!

Mate, when a professional footballer can’t pass a five yarder or hits one of them ridiculous crosses that is just a waste of possession, then they are getting moaned at by me. It grinds my gears some players decision making. Tv or not.

Mendy was getting it yesterday, then he scores a belter!

my moaning worked :-)

I find I'm exactly the opposite of the OP. The whole experience of football without fans seems completely lukewarm to me. That opening shot of the Etihad and the South Stand when the players lined up was heartbreaking. And the silly recorded soundtrack (which they sometimes get wrong, by the way) just doesn't cut it. I just thought, “What's it all for? Just a money making exercise for the tv companies?” But VAR has also put a huge distance between me and my reactions. I find I'm disciplining myself not to react too much when we score. That experience against Tottenham in the CL second leg was one of the worst possible, and I'm not easily able to put it behind me. Even when the others score, my reaction is “Oh well, might be ruled out because someone's left testicle was offside” so I don't feel the despair I'd normally feel. I'm pleased about yesterday's result, because we seem back on track. But I'd normally be over the moon.

The only upside. In the ground, you may be unlucky enough to find yourself in the vicinity of some utter idiot who has decided to make it his business to roundly abuse one particular player, match after match, relentlessly, regardless of how they play. When said player has a decent match (and it does happen, because actually you don't get into City's first team if you're a shit footballer) you get the impression they're quite pissed off. In my own home, I am spared that (unless I am the one shouting…)

I've said this before. When you actually go to the game, you tend to not get anywhere near as worked up, certainly not once the whistle has blown. When you watch on the TV, you get far more worked up and critical.
Ah, that explains why the local Rags and Dippers are all raving nut jobs.

Watching the game on tele' getting worked up whilst the match attending sad bastards console themselves in buying souvenirs in the shop from their day out.

Can’t stand matchday threads they ruin the game for me, trouble is I find myself getting earlier and earlier logging out now try to be out before teams announced to prevent getting dragged into it all. As for the original point, yes watching at the ground is far less stressful than watching on telly, try and find stuff to do and miss all the pre match punditry. Don’t know why being at the game is less stressful.( usually, can think of the QPR, and Spurs c/l as two exceptions)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.