Is it Mancini's brand of football that gets fans backs up?

Dhenry said:
de niro said:
up tp last sunday i thought bob had ditched his negative tactics, he's got mw worried again now.

would be a great shame if we fuck this up, with the players we have we should piss the prem.

Think it was just an off day rather than a negative approach.

We play on the basis of possession first - attack second. And I like it. Believe it or not, so do Barcelona - no coincidence Mancini has mentioned them as an example more than once (instead of other potential examples). Obvious choice sure, but it's the playing style that is the aim of the comparisons, I think rather than the obvious conclusion that we just desire to be as successful.

Barcelona have just managed the first part of that formula - possession - better than anyone else. It's the turn of pace rather than the overall pace that is key to their success.

I think it's an issue that sticks with some of the old-timers here, that playing as the underdog, success would often rely on being on the break, quickly out and really being a bit smash and grab in a general approach to the game. The game of most successful sides these days is - patience - possession - turn of pace - clincal finishing.

Sunday we didn't turn up. Irrelevant. Rather we did it then than Monday..
An excellent and well thought out post that .With regards to barca, what also defines them is their insistence and urgency when they lose the ball . I see signs of that. The
String we also have to our bow which can be developed is our threat from set pieces . We should be looking to get a bagful from these this season

Just a thought like, but the way we played last season was a means to an end , we won a trophy and qualified for the CL.

Do people not think that with the players Machini has either bought or is looking to buy this summer, he is looking to move towards a more fluid quicker style football.

Isn't going to happen over night people.

Andouble said:
it was a bad day at the office, against the best team in the country. And we STILL almost won. We all need to relax a bit.

This. We looked like shit for all but ten minutes and only lost it (to the reigning champions) due to one screwup in defense.

--------------HUM,,WHAT'S THE QUESTION?--------------------

--------- MANCINI BRAND THIS ----------

City boss Roberto Mancini has started a fashion trend by bringing a dash of Italian flair to the old club scarf. Fans have been flocking to the club shop at Eastlands asking for the traditional blue-and-white striped scarf donned by Mancini on the touchlines.
But Blues supporters hoping to emulate the dapper Italian have been left disappointed as it is a limited edition produced for one game last season.Now City are planning to stock up
stylish-scarf to help meet demand. "MANCINI BRAND" LOL

***Mancini mean results and he deliver, the cautious defensive approach and some time
boring it was necessary with the squad he inherit for the time being while getting new
players represents his formation style and Visions... Mancini's fierce flair styles
creative striker and manager .. you should watch some of Inter Milan full matches
when he was the manager to get the idea ...VERY ATTRACTIVE FOOTY

Dhenry said:
de niro said:
up tp last sunday i thought bob had ditched his negative tactics, he's got mw worried again now.

would be a great shame if we fuck this up, with the players we have we should piss the prem.

Think it was just an off day rather than a negative approach.

We play on the basis of possession first - attack second. And I like it. Believe it or not, so do Barcelona - no coincidence Mancini has mentioned them as an example more than once (instead of other potential examples). Obvious choice sure, but it's the playing style that is the aim of the comparisons, I think rather than the obvious conclusion that we just desire to be as successful.

Barcelona have just managed the first part of that formula - possession - better than anyone else. It's the turn of pace rather than the overall pace that is key to their success.

I think it's an issue that sticks with some of the old-timers here, that playing as the underdog, success would often rely on being on the break, quickly out and really being a bit smash and grab in a general approach to the game. The game of most successful sides these days is - patience - possession - turn of pace - clincal finishing.

Sunday we didn't turn up. Irrelevant. Rather we did it then than Monday..
On Sunday United reminded me a little of Barca with quick passing to feet and plenty of movement off the ball but combined with pace down the wings. On Sunday we resorted to the long ball so many times we looked like a poor championship side and IMO we were lucky to score twice. I was concerned at our inability to keep possesion but perhaps more importantly we seem to have no pace.

MAXXI said:

City boss Roberto Mancini has started a fashion trend by bringing a dash of Italian flair to the old club scarf. Fans have been flocking to the club shop at Eastlands asking for the traditional blue-and-white striped scarf donned by Mancini on the touchlines.
But Blues supporters hoping to emulate the dapper Italian have been left disappointed as it is a limited edition produced for one game last season.Now City are planning to stock up

***Mancini mean results and he deliver, the cautious defensive approach and some time
boring it was necessary with the squad he inherit for the time being while getting new
players represents his formation style and Visions... Mancini's fierce flair styles
creative striker and manager .. you should watch some of Inter Milan full matches
To be fair Bolton would play attractive football in Italy. It's the most boring football league in Europe!

Mancini play defensive football, won us a trophy, got into the CL, and gets the stick. Fans call for Mourinho and expects us to play like Arsenal.

Mourinho plays defensive football too, but you don't see him getting the stick.

Football was made too entertain.

If you don't entertain but you win the match people will take that.

If you lose you are in big trouble as a manager

Young said:
Mancini play defensive football, won us a trophy, got into the CL, and gets the stick. Fans call for Mourinho and expects us to play like Arsenal.

Mourinho plays defensive football too, but you don't see him getting the stick.
A lot Real Madrid fans hate him. after the 5-0 drubbing they got at CampNou last season they wanted him sacked!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:31 am --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
MAXXI said:

To be fair Bolton would play attractive football in Italy. It's the most boring football league in Europe!
True. I literally fall asleep watching Serie A on ESPN sometimes! There can be ten minutes where nothing happens at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.