Is it Mancini's brand of football that gets fans backs up?

For other fans? No. Its the money. They hate us because we're playing LMA Manager with the 500 mil cheat code in and they cant even afford the game.

I think we're only slow because of the personnel we have. Barry, NDJ, and Kolarov hold up play a lot, whilst you can see that players like Silva, Tevez, etc want to break as quickly as possible.

Kolarov does my head in; when he receives a pass, he'll bring the ball to a complete stop, hold it for a second, "fake" a pass one way, then go back and end up passing the ball that way. Not on breaks, mind, but it just slows our overall play and buildup soooo much. Drives me bonkers when he does that.

Maybe a bit of a tangent but I really dont think the Tevez and Balotelli fiascos has helped him one bit. So much time and worry has been spent on these two. I think once we get a settled happy squad I feel the football will improve.

up tp last sunday i thought bob had ditched his negative tactics, he's got mw worried again now.

would be a great shame if we fuck this up, with the players we have we should piss the prem.

de niro said:
up tp last sunday i thought bob had ditched his negative tactics, he's got mw worried again now.

would be a great shame if we fuck this up, with the players we have we should piss the prem.

COMPLETELY agree mate. posted in another thread it was like an early mancini style display. towards the end of last season i thought he found a cracking balance

de niro said:

Think it was just an off day rather than a negative approach.

We play on the basis of possession first - attack second. And I like it. Believe it or not, so do Barcelona - no coincidence Mancini has mentioned them as an example more than once (instead of other potential examples). Obvious choice sure, but it's the playing style that is the aim of the comparisons, I think rather than the obvious conclusion that we just desire to be as successful.

Barcelona have just managed the first part of that formula - possession - better than anyone else. It's the turn of pace rather than the overall pace that is key to their success.

I think it's an issue that sticks with some of the old-timers here, that playing as the underdog, success would often rely on being on the break, quickly out and really being a bit smash and grab in a general approach to the game. The game of most successful sides these days is - patience - possession - turn of pace - clincal finishing.

Sunday we didn't turn up. Irrelevant. Rather we did it then than Monday..

it was a bad day at the office, against the best team in the country. And we STILL almost won. We all need to relax a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.