Is it me?

I Remembe ryears ago at Birmingham we scored in the 89th min to go 1-0 up & got beat 2-1

uwerosler28 said:
the spine-less performance that got us to 2-0 down is what people are unhappy about, going to a team in rovers position and letting them dominate with the players at our disposal after our last result is not acceptable
Then you fail totally to understand the strengths and weakness of City's playing personnel

cyberblue said:
Ducado said:
The anti Hughes mob on here are only happy in defeat, nothing the team does will make them happy they have one agenda, I would go as far to say that they are not real City fans at all!
The reason people are Anti Hughes is because we are near the bottom of the league & at times playing crap football .If we were winning & near the top of the league the fans would be won over

Nail on the head there mate!!

I went to Bolton a few weeks ago and we lost a very similar game 2-0. In fact the Bolton game was dire and we played far worse than we did today. It was similar in that we hardly had an attempt on goal in the first half and went in 1 - 0 down.

Today when their 2nd goal went in I thought it was a repeat performance. I thought we could never recover because recently we don't seem to be able to come back after going behind.

I'm gald to say that it wasn't a repeat performance and I think that the end result was deserved. I think that to come back and score 2 goals after being out battled in midfield by a very physical side for most of the game showed true guts and determination and will stand us well in the future when we play against similar sides.

I actually enjoyed the journey home and I am looking forward to next weeks F.A Cup Tie cos I think we'll win it.

The first 89 minutes were very, very poor and pretty much a mirror of the Bolton and Wigan games, but the spirit we showed to keep fighting, and to produce 2 moments of pure class right at the death, should encourage anyone to have some kind of faith that we do possess the spirit to grind out results. We had to get a result today to back the Hull win up. We have done. Now we have to kick on.

Gotta be happy with a comeback of any sort...for my mind Blackburn were not up to much...Sam has made them diificult to beat but they don't really play great football...We were never really under any kind of threat from them...We gave away two soft goals..not great play by them but our shortcomings......Had Robbie got the penalty or nailed his header would have been a different story...Gutsy fightback from the lads...we did not deserve to be 2-0 down and showed enormous charector to come back...bit of praise where it's due...good tactical changes by the gaffer too.
We are a work in progress...games like yesterdays show us where we fall short and what types of players are needed for these kind of matches...hopefully in the coming weeks we will add to the squad, in defence, midfield and up front....then we will have the flexibility to alter the line up/formation when needed.

Onwards and upwards Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.