Is it right to blame your players in public ?

Tevez City

Mancini thinks that Hart needs to be accountable for a series of below-par performances in recent weeks.

He told reporters: "Joe has made too many mistakes for us. He has not been good enough.

"It was a really bad mistake [for the second goal] from Joe.

"It was not good enough. It's not strange because he's done a few mistakes this year."

Not for me, no.

Lay into them all you like behind the scenes and make changes if you think they are letting you down but if you think doing it through the press is going to help improve them or bring harmony to a squad then you are pissed.

Those quotes are a disgrace in my opinion.

Why not say: "It was obviously a bad mistake from Joe but he knows that more than anybody, and he's been a rock for us on so many occasions, so I can't be too critical of him."

I'm slowly being turned off Mancini with comments like the ones in the OP. He comes across as a proper dickhead sometimes.

Mancini cannot control what he is talking after matches.

After every CL match we had something similar said by him.
Didnt tell Lescott to jump.
Hart should shut up about the team I am the manager.
Etc...

Kompany said in the latest interview they respect Mancini but there is no any contact between them other than professional, never a pat on the back, nothing.

Mancini is like this tho, you have to accept it. Players too.

Motivating players is a huge skill tho, Klopp is the master of it. Mancini maybe thinks it is overrated players should do their job without talking them up or something like this...

No one will be sorry from the players when Mancini leaves. Thats pretty sure. Maybe Sinclair only.:)

He should back the players not blame them, if there is a man to blame then its only him.

I don't blame Mancini for the result, because players can make mistakes, but I blame him for the poor performance and poor reaction to save the game.

Dubai Blue said:
Those quotes are a disgrace in my opinion.

Why not say: "It was obviously a bad mistake from Joe but he knows that more than anybody, and he's been a rock for us on so many occasions, so I can't be too critical of him."

I'm slowly being turned off Mancini with comments like the ones in the OP. He comes across as a proper dickhead sometimes.

Bloody hell DB, sounds like you want 'arry. The bottom line is that mancini is a spiky customer, his management style is based on fear and respect and that has been a common thread throughout his managerial career, and his playing career too for that matter. FWIW I think we will know if it was the right tactic if joe stops making the same errors that have unfortunately crept into his game over the last few games

Mancini got it totally and utterly wrong yesterday, as he has done a few times this season. But after that performance from 3 or 4 of the individual players yesterday they can have no complaints if the manager has a go at them.

So in answer to your question, no it isn't right normally. But anyone who doesn't see it from Mancini's side after the way the players let him down yesterday is being a bit mischievous imo.

Its difficult to be critical of Joe as he's been great for us the last couple of seasons,but I get the feeling he's going through the same thing Micah went through where he got a bit distracted and his game suffered.
I'd give Pants a run in net to give him a bit of a kick up the arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.