Is it right to blame your players in public ?

Harry bollocked his keeper in the press yesterday and he is supposed to be the best man manager in the country. At the end of the day Hart has been average at best this season. Just drop him for a few games and let's see how he reacts. He won't be playing against Leeds so that's one out of the way.

All the top managers in the game have publicly criticised their players at some point. Sometimes, they need a wake-up call.

Joe needs to wake up, his performances have been ropey this season.

Mancini is the manager end of discussion for me.

No excuses for yesterday's error, it was bad and no top goalkeeper should be doing it.

His distribution is bad all the time but that can be worked on and needs to be, how many times has he simply booted the ball out of play. I used to be confident when the ball was played in the area, not anymore.

awest said:
Harry bollocked his keeper in the press yesterday and he is supposed to be the best man manager in the country. At the end of the day Hart has been average at best this season. Just drop him for a few games and let's see how he reacts. He won't be playing against Leeds so that's one out of the way.

Yes, but Harry did it a little differently, saying he had a groin strain and it might have affected his game followed up by saying he's still a fantastic keeper. Bob was totally out of order saying that even though we all know its true. No need for it at all.

awest said:

Redknapp is doing that from day one at QPR, it's his exit tactics if he fails to save them.

If players are to much of prima donnas to accept criticism then ffs. They are paid millions to perform on their contracts and if they want to coast along and have it easy they should sod off to stoke or qpr. Not got a problem if Mancini says post match a player/team could have been better. Rather that than hide behind a side issue.

bluesoup said:
If players are to much of prima donnas to accept criticism then ffs. They are paid millions to perform on their contracts and if they want to coast along and have it easy they should sod off to stoke or qpr. Not got a problem if Mancini says post match a player/team could have been better. Rather that than hide behind a side issue.

I agree with your first point about players should be big enough to accept critiscism wether its publicly or not. However where I think Mancini has failed is that he publicly backed Mario on numerous occasions (as well as giving him critiscism) but I fear that some players may feel they can do no right and others can do no wrong. Player's wrongly in my opinion have to much to say but its the way of modern football and they will, like it or not, dig their heels in if they lose faith in the manager. I have seen Silva react on occasions to being one of Mancinis favourite players to be subbed. Milner is always the one dropped to make way no matter how good he performs. If Hart isn't performing drop him, its simple, put Pantilimon in and show Hart he's got to perform. Lescott has been treated with disdain by Mancini and then expected to perform (which he should in all fairness) but we all know it doesn't work like that. Garcia ahead of Kolo yesterday must give Kolo food for thought. There are only so many times a player will accept public critiscism before it stops working.

Maybe I'm just looking at this more ruthlessly, player is crap and Mancini mentions the crap in the post match interview. But, then again he does balance and says how well they do, when they do. About how fairly players feel - to they earn their astronomical salary they 'must' perform everytime. Especially on crunch games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.