Is it time to panic yet?

There is no reason to panic we can still get into the top four, progress in both the FA and Champs Cup. We have one of the best managers in the world, supposedly, so the future is not to bad. Next season will be a lot better, I hope.
We keep on saying this every season only to be dragged back to the 4th spot race.

Khaldoon said 6 months ago the bare minimum he expects is Champions league qualification and that last season wasn't good enough. He also said Sheikh Mansour is the most optimistic he has been in expectation of this season since the takeover. They can't be happy with how things have gone,it's been unacceptable. Will they panic?..No. Will they pull the trigger if we are out of the title race this time next year?..Yes. One thing is for sure there will be pressure on Pep to deliver next season that he will never have experienced.

Yeah because the expectations are so much greater here than in Barcelona and Munich, fucking priceless some of you idiots tonight.

Yeah because the expectations are so much greater here than in Barcelona and Munich, fucking priceless some of you idiots tonight.
So if we finish outside the top 4 he won't have as much pressure on him as he would at those clubs?maybe that's the problem. Go to City its easy street.

The truth is that ever since the Derby defeat at OT (4-2) we have been capable of this type of result........the problem is that the majority of the players that played in that game are still here.
We really do lack physicality and speed in midfield, plus we have the well documented full back issue......2 years ago Sagne was our worst fullback....now our best.....has he improved or the others got worse...probably a bit of both.
What we are really lacking though is a leader......barring Kompany we just haven't got one....hence our dreadful record when losing at half time.
As for panicking.......Pep failing could set us back years......we would face difficulty in attracting the best players, managers and even financially I'm sure we would struggle to meet financial fair play without champions league football.
Up until two years ago I always thought that if we got Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Kun on the pitch, that we could beat any other premiership team.....they are all still here......the only one playing anything like is Silva.....the others are all in decline. (With the exception of Hart)......so maybe not panicking but worried..... Definitely.
Perhaps, rather naively I thought Peps arrival would solve most of the issues.....I still remain hopeful, however he is partly to blame along with the decline in the aforementioned players......his constant changing of personel and tactics, along with his signing of Bravo ( even if we do accept that Jo had to be replaced due to none football reasons) need to be reigned in to give us even half a chance of making the top 4.

No need to panic. We'll finish 5th but win the CL and FA Cup.

:)

What makes me panic is that we are seeing Pep, for the first time, actually try to rebuild a side. He had ready made teams for him at Barca/Bayern (yes I know he helped some of them in the academy but he didn't have to actually build the team).

Now we are looking at his decisions - Bravo for Hart, an injury prone Gundogan as our only true midfield acquisition, allowing our backline to continue to decay, Stones, etc.....and it gives us cause for concern. A lot of concern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.