Is Joleon Lescott the Real Deal.

Just a couple of points

1. Distin is over 30 Lescott has just turned 27. That plays a massive part in pricing.
2. Lescott has had minimal time to settle into the team and has had a disrupted season because of Evertons hard ball antics.
3. Lescott was excellent imo against West Ham, bar one mistake against Carlton Cole.
4. Its Kolo Toure, and pace has never been his issue. Height has. Make no mistake whilst I rate Lescott (very highley) he isnt in the class of Toure, who imo at his best is one of the top defenders in the league.
5. They compliment each other nicely, Toure springs attacks with his ability on the ball and Lescott is your traditional good in the air CD.

NO not harsh .If we are going to win cups ,and titles our standards have to be close to 100% every game .MH sorted out Richards for his lapses .

I cannot put my finger on Joleon s mistakes linked to his stature as a top player close to a full International.

I expect slightly better of him than he he's shown so far (wouldn't take much) as he settles in, I never thought he was top class and I doubt he ever will be.

Im of the belief that Lescott is top class. However he has looked tentative this year so far, maybe due to the fact he feels a MASSIVE amount of pressure for the first time in his career. This takes time to adjust. While it may sound stupid, playing for City is now a few levels above expectations expected at Everton. Joleon has to adjust to these expectations and I have no doubt in my mind he can. Give the lad some time.

i didnt like him at wolves, everton ,and i dont like him now, i hope i am prooved incorect, but i dont think his fee will ever proove to be a bargain, and imo he is the only player at city that would put cash before honour...

distin would have been perfect and at a much cheaper cost, and he has prooved himself in our colours before

lee-mcfc said:
johnmc said:

how is it harsh.? IMO lescott is NO-WAY near worth 24mill or w.e more like 15/16mill .

"JUSTBLUE08" said he seems no better than distin and i agree!

Harsh to be questioing so early.

Tevez missed sitters against the rags and west ham. Is he worth £32m?

I agree that Lescott is not worth £24m - who is? We paid what it took to get him. We wanted prem proven.

JUSTBLUE08 said:
Mark Hughes has bought very well considering we were a mid table club with pots of money.The only Player who seems not to have performed to his previous level is Joleon.

He has todate missed valuble battles in the air ,and seems a bit worried by players who hustle in a one to one ..with his power and intimidating presence i cannot understand why this should happen.

His partner who is not noted for his speed Carlo Toure is nearly always ahead of him in terms of anticipation when any of the back four need additional support.

For 25 Million plus bonus /wages ..todate he seems no better than Distin who as we know was sold for 5.5 million as a replacement.Have we wasted £20 million????

I am sure there will be an answer for his slow start with the mistakes mentioned above or is that just Joleon lescott ..Warts and All.!!!????

i must be watching a differnt player to you but imho JL has improved with every game passed so far and will only get better,JL and KOLO will be one of the best partnerships in the prem imho.

johnmc said:
lee-mcfc said:
how is it harsh.? IMO lescott is NO-WAY near worth 24mill or w.e more like 15/16mill .

"JUSTBLUE08" said he seems no better than distin and i agree!

I agree that Lescott is not worth £24m - who is? We paid what it took to get him. We wanted prem proven.

ok agreed:)
true about tevez but he doesnt stop chasing after the balls n is top class.
tbh all i was really saying is that i dont think he is worth 24mill

lee-mcfc said:
johnmc said:

I dont think Tranny is worth 80 Million. Real Madrid did though....

lee-mcfc said:

Forget the cost thoughreally because it doesnt mean we have used up all our budget on a player because we paid so much. If that were the case then fair enough. But has Rob proved his £32m worth yet, Tevez the same? Has Bridge shown why he is the second highet paid full bck in the prem? No not really. But as each game goes by they are justifying it more and more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.