Is Joleon Lescott the Real Deal.

johnmc said:
I reckon if he had scored a goal or even two everyone wouldbe raving about him, but that not his job, just something he can offer now ad again

dont get me wrong i like lescott and think there will be more to come..but at the end of the day money always comes back into the equation

s e h its about opinions and in mine i ve seen lescott cost wolves goals, everton, england and city, as with that other idiot dunne, in the end you will notice, perhaps when the press point it out to you

JL is under a lot of pressure and its not helped by idiot fans like the one near me who is yelling at him "£24M YOUR NOT WORTH IT." every time he looks a bit tentative distributing the ball. For me he is improving each game but he probably isnt worth the money we paid but we would have had to pay that to get any decent CB. If we had gon in for Distan he would not have been priced at the £6M that Everton got him for. JL is far better than Distan anyway. I could give you a list but 2 important reasons - he does not head the ball as though he has a threpenny bit shaped head (sorry for bluemooners under 50) and he doesnt wait for the ball to come over his shoulder and bounce when running back only to take a wild kick at it and miss it completely.

JL every time for me please.

pissedagain said:
s e h its about opinions and in mine i ve seen lescott cost wolves goals, everton, england and city, as with that other idiot dunne, in the end you will notice, perhaps when the press point it out to you

Definatly living up to your name.

Bossman Blue said:
JL is under a lot of pressure and its not helped by idiot fans like the one near me who is yelling at him "£24M YOUR NOT WORTH IT." every time he looks a bit tentative distributing the ball. For me he is improving each game but he probably isnt worth the money we paid but we would have had to pay that to get any decent CB. If we had gon in for Distan he would not have been priced at the £6M that Everton got him for. JL is far better than Distan anyway. I could give you a list but 2 important reasons - he does not head the ball as though he has a threpenny bit shaped head (sorry for bluemooners under 50) and he doesnt wait for the ball to come over his shoulder and bounce when running back only to take a wild kick at it and miss it completely.

JL every time for me please.

haha that deffo wasnt me:)

The picture is becoming clearer ..If we look at the West ham game ..the good goal disallowed ..where Lescott was beaten almost at left back ..when he could have booted it any where ( This needs to be address pretty dam quick or every forward in the prem will do the same when they play against him.)

I do not think he is quick enough to play at left back as mentioned by someone ..happy with Wayne as he is starting to find form.

Distin is 31 and is much quicker over 2 yards up to 100 yards plus..maybe has 4 years left in him at the top.

However people seem to think he is not a top international in the making....I think he is if imposing himself over the opposition with his height /power.

This is not lets get at anyone ..its asking why and getting answers .As MH spend months in an out right getting him onboard.To date he has not made mistakes BUYING and lets hope Joleon improves to keep up the record .

MCFC has moved on very quickly and we the fans need to adjust our standards in bringing titles to Eastlands.

Like any player, takes time to settle into a new club and a new set of lads, he will be fine, he was hot and cold against west ham but at times his defending was world class, the way he uses his body to guide the ball or block a player, his first touch is brilliant and i can recall him winning about 95% of headers against carlton cole, and to be fair that isn't easy as he's a good aerial player and he's a big bastard!

Good player- cant believe some people are questioning him. Would anyone swap him and Toure for Villa and Evertons dream ticket of Dunne and Distin- no thought not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.