Is Joleon Lescott the Real Deal.

Gwladiator said:
der-bomber said:
l think you need to be more concerned that your Chairman is a skint theatre impressario and you haven't got a pot to piss in, and the countdown has begun before your 'inspirational manager' ,not my words, bails out to the swamp....

Such a cheap shot wasn't really warranted...

lts called lads footie banter , my little precious rose petal , if you can't hack it, fuck off back to your own board...

Lescott will be fine, he is growing in stature with every game.

I must admit i havn't been impressed with lescott in an england shirt, nor in our beloved city shirt, but new team, players and manager with differant ideas and styles he deserves time to settle and gel,it took best part of a season before dunne and distan gelled after that they were solid, knowing what each other was capable of,and toure and lescott it has a ring about it.
An evertonion mate of mine was/is gutted at losing him for his defensive qualities and goals, so heres hoping.

I feel Lescott needs more time to settle in the squad. And when Kompany becomes match fit he will want to battle for a place. Lescott will have to bring his A-game in the next couple of games or hes out like Richards is.

Give the guy a chance Moyes didn't want to sell him even for an inflated price Looking better every game IMHO look when he is on the ball always tries to give a good pass to a blue shirt unlike the clogger he took over from who if you remember was crap at the beginning and to some on here became a cult hero so as I said give him a chance

Bigga said:
leewill31 said:
you seem to be lacking in patients lately bigga m8,ill give JL a few more games than you have with city before casting my doubts!

Maybe I am, Lee. There always seems to be an excuse. I can understand when a player comes in from abroad cos it's a culture shock. This is a British player we're talking about that wasn't injured! No 'pre-season'? Did he not do any with the Toffees?

I dunno, maybe I'm being harsh, but I find it foolish, churlish and disrespectful to deem him better than Dunne or Neds as we haven't seen any of that form, at any point of his career, for those comments.

How much more is there in him to 'improve' at 27...?

i see what you are saying here with only 7 games gone we can not say he is better than ned nor dunne i agree on this with you but lets look at how performed at everton the last couple of seasons and you would not of turned the chance down not to have him in the team would you?

no excuses but his transfer was not the norm really was it and given more games i honestly think we will see a top class defender within our team and i do belive even at this point we have bought a top quality defender that will prove some doubters wrong.

time will tell.

oh and i forgot to add i really do understand with what you are saying with ned, he was last season looking top qaulity and should be given a chance but i fear with his proneness to injurys they are setting him back to much.

he gets better with every game but villa will be a true test. dont forget he is a klingon and not of this world so it cant be easy for the lad.

Bigga said:
leewill31 said:
you seem to be lacking in patients lately bigga m8,ill give JL a few more games than you have with city before casting my doubts!

Maybe I am, Lee. There always seems to be an excuse. I can understand when a player comes in from abroad cos it's a culture shock. This is a British player we're talking about that wasn't injured! No 'pre-season'? Did he not do any with the Toffees?

I dunno, maybe I'm being harsh, but I find it foolish, churlish and disrespectful to deem him better than Dunne or Neds as we haven't seen any of that form, at any point of his career, for those comments.

I think you're being very harsh there.

der-bomber said:
Gwladiator said:
Such a cheap shot wasn't really warranted...

lts called lads footie banter , my little precious rose petal , if you can't hack it, fuck off back to your own board...

Lescott will be fine, he is growing in stature with every game.

'Banter' would have been a remark vaguely relevant to the subject, your comment was just a cheap shot at Everton.

ElanJo said:
Bigga said:

I think you're being very harsh there.
Very. And totally unsubstantiated which makes it worse.

What are the weaknesses in his game?

Onouha is a good young player, but his career has been hampered by injuries, and he's played around 40 League games intermittently over the last 5 years so it's a rather wild claim to make that he's better than an international defender with well over a hundred Premiership appearances

Every fan likes to discuss new players and how they are doing - but it's a bit much to make claims after 5 games or so, especially when without any analysis of his game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.