Is Joleon Lescott the Real Deal.

I also think he will make it,
I have seen good signs in the handful of games he has played.

Got to remember he is our latest player and not had any preseason with the squad and got dropped straight in.

He will just get better and better

S.E.H said:
How can people slag ooff Joleon, whos played well so far and is bedding in well, yet these same pillocks lauded that pillock as a legend when he held us back for 9 years. Grrr, we're all blues and we all love the club and share the passion, but its threads like this that really piss me off.

If you are refering to dunne, and if not i apologise, but if you are then i have two things to say to you:

1) your an arse hole (and i dont care that il get slated for a personal insult, because its right after the disrespect youve just written about dunne)
2) you know fuck all about football, last season dunne was below his best, what about the previous 4 when he won player of the year each time, are all the city fans wrong? kept us in the league almost single handedly for years.

Lescott on the other hand hasnt had one solid game since he signed. Im all for giving him time, but for you to say dunne, if hes the pillock your referring to, held us back for 9 years and then say lescott has played well so far when he clearly hasnt been at his best is ridiculous.

Bigga said:
Marvin said:
Ned and Toure would be too small a partnership especially when Given is not the biggest Keeper around

I thought Lescott has had a very good start to the season. Vidic, Terry, Distin, Dunne all make mistakes. The goals against record is good and that's the test.

His passing is excellent as well. Might not be important for teams like Stoke, but for us we need a proper footballer at centre-half

Give him time and support and he will get better and better.

I've already took that height 'issue' into account. Dunne was not the tallest, but we were never beaten too often in the air! If it's a 'Little and Large' combo we're talking about, granted Toure and Lescott it is.

Best partnership? I've already mentioned it!!

you seem to be lacking in patients lately bigga m8,ill give JL a few more games than you have with city before casting my doubts!

Bigga said:
Marvin said:
Ned and Toure would be too small a partnership especially when Given is not the biggest Keeper around

I thought Lescott has had a very good start to the season. Vidic, Terry, Distin, Dunne all make mistakes. The goals against record is good and that's the test.

His passing is excellent as well. Might not be important for teams like Stoke, but for us we need a proper footballer at centre-half

Give him time and support and he will get better and better.

I've already took that height 'issue' into account. Dunne was not the tallest, but we were never beaten too often in the air! If it's a 'Little and Large' combo we're talking about, granted Toure and Lescott it is.

Best partnership? I've already mentioned it!!
So you wouldn't be worried about Onouha and Toure marking Carlton Cole?

Which of them would you detail to mark Cole? Recipe for disaster, and I don't think you'd do Ned's future any good by asking him to play in a partnership which would undermine him. Defending is about teamwork, and you are underplaying the importance of combining players strengths and weakness. It's not just about putting the best individual defenders together. That's why Dunne and Distin worked well together.

Dunne was OK in the air, I agree about that. I liked him as a defender, although I think lescott is an improvement

pissedagain said:
s e h its about opinions and in mine i ve seen lescott cost wolves goals, everton, england and city, as with that other idiot dunne, in the end you will notice, perhaps when the press point it out to you

Every team at some stage concedes goals and it is easy to point the finger and apportion blame.

Torres made Vidic look like a schoolboy and Wonky Gob has looked anything but assured this season and was given the runaround by Bellars. Yet they are still lauded as the best Centreback pairing in the Prem.

A defensive partnership is not easy to forge and takes time ,which ours hasn't had yet.

As for the OP's question, is Lescott the real deal.....oh yes, he is a Rolls Royce of a player, a real thoroughbred and oozes class.

Put me down as another who thinks he will prove to be our best signing and the bedrock of our defence for the next decade.

A mere 24 million ?...........Fucking bargain....

Personally I think Lescott and Toure will be a brilliant partnership as soon as we have a midfield that can keep the ball and relieve pressure. Right now they are being exposed by our own midfield, if all they had to deal with was 1 on 1 battles with strikers they would eat them up. They both have an aggressive style of play that wins the ball quickly allowing us to bypass rebuilding the attack by almost recycling the current one leaving the opposing defence under pressure for long periods of time.

Well Well, Its a split and as i thought Lescott has not settled in as well as Mark Hughes other signings. The reasons put forward are .

(1) the stress he was under resulting from us wanting to buy him and Moyes making life hard for him to move on.

(2) . He needs time to form an understanding with Toure ..but we have not agreed how much time is required .?/

(3) He has not got what is needed .( I do however disagree as he looks made for the role and his past performances for Everton back this up.

(4) He will be moved in Left back ( I disagree as he has not the explosive speed needed or skills to beat men on the break).

He is an old fashioned Center Half and nothing more to add other than if he makes mistakes as he has already shown ..Distin would have saved the club £20 million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.