Is Joleon Lescott the Real Deal.

JUSTBLUE08 said:
Well Well, Its a split and as i thought Lescott has not settled in as well as Mark Hughes other signings. The reasons put forward are .

(1) the stress he was under resulting from us wanting to buy him and Moyes making life hard for him to move on.

(2) . He needs time to form an understanding with Toure ..but we have not agreed how much time is required .?/

(3) He has not got what is needed .( I do however disagree as he looks made for the role and his past performances for Everton back this up.

(4) He will be moved in Left back ( I disagree as he has not the explosive speed needed or skills to beat men on the break).

He is an old fashioned Center Half and nothing more to add other than if he makes mistakes as he has already shown ..Distin would have saved the club £20 million.

how do you define on how long you give a player to settle into a team????

Lescott needs a partner in the mould of Vidic (Jagielka last season) For England last season he was poor because he was next to Ferdinand (If I recall correctly).

Marvin said:
Bigga said:
I've already took that height 'issue' into account. Dunne was not the tallest, but we were never beaten too often in the air! If it's a 'Little and Large' combo we're talking about, granted Toure and Lescott it is.

Best partnership? I've already mentioned it!!
So you wouldn't be worried about Onouha and Toure marking Carlton Cole?

Which of them would you detail to mark Cole? Recipe for disaster, and I don't think you'd do Ned's future any good by asking him to play in a partnership which would undermine him. Defending is about teamwork, and you are underplaying the importance of combining players strengths and weakness. It's not just about putting the best individual defenders together. That's why Dunne and Distin worked well together.

Dunne was OK in the air, I agree about that. I liked him as a defender, although I think lescott is an improvement

Pret-ty sure Neds has taken on very physical players by the nature of Cole, if not Cole himself and don't remember him coming off worse for wear at any point!

Neds has covered the ar*e of every defender he's played with, when he's played with them. Remember, Dunne having to cover Richards and Tal-Haim? It wrecked his game. What happened when Neds came in? Dunney Monster got back to his best level. Coincidence? Even Tal-Haim looked good playing with Neds. Neds bailed out Kompany a couple of times. Coincidence?

You tell me.

Recipe for disaster?? You sure you know what player you're talking about...?

Time to settle in >???? I like anyone else only hopes its sooner as the big strikers (centre forwards) must be looking forward to testing him out.

The West ham goal looked fine and it was not a foul on Lescott he was powder puffed off the ball by a tough player .Its this point i cannot understand as he is built like a mountain.

der-bomber said:
Gwladiator said:
I did warn you...

l think you need to be more concerned that your Chairman is a skint theatre impressario and you haven't got a pot to piss in, and the countdown has begun before your 'inspirational manager' ,not my words, bails out to the swamp....

Such a cheap shot wasn't really warranted...

I must admit that Lescott hasn't been brilliant since he signed, but hopefully he'll be upto speed with a few more matches under his belt. The fact that he didnt have pre season at City is also a real shame because thats the ideal environment to get to know your new team mates away from the pressures of league football. For me Lescott looks nervous when he's in possession at the back and looks to Kolo Toure to bring the ball forward instead/for him (something Toure does very well) I don't think Lescott's been as bad as some of the comments are implying but it may be a while before we see the very best of him.

On a side note its interesting that other clubs supporters seem to hate us now for having loads of money. Yet, when you look at some of the players we bought, Taylor (ok he's a squad player)Given, Barry, Bellamy, Lescott, Sylvinho, Santa Cruz these are hardly galacticos. Instead they are solid, premiership proven footballers many of whom have never won anything significant and are desperate to do that. I've heard us called 'chavs with money' and other such things but people who say that are just ignorant and have no idea what we're trying to do nevermind how we're trying to do it. I hope this team can do something special this season and Hughes deserves alot of credit for the players he has chosen because I think most managers in his place would have brought in loads of random players from abroad hoping they gel.

leewill31 said:
Bigga said:
I've already took that height 'issue' into account. Dunne was not the tallest, but we were never beaten too often in the air! If it's a 'Little and Large' combo we're talking about, granted Toure and Lescott it is.

Best partnership? I've already mentioned it!!

you seem to be lacking in patients lately bigga m8,ill give JL a few more games than you have with city before casting my doubts!

Maybe I am, Lee. There always seems to be an excuse. I can understand when a player comes in from abroad cos it's a culture shock. This is a British player we're talking about that wasn't injured! No 'pre-season'? Did he not do any with the Toffees?

I dunno, maybe I'm being harsh, but I find it foolish, churlish and disrespectful to deem him better than Dunne or Neds as we haven't seen any of that form, at any point of his career, for those comments.

How much more is there in him to 'improve' at 27...?

This thread smacks of City fans having nothing better to moan about to be honest. We now have arguably the strongest squad in the Premier League. We've had a cracking start to the season. So called fringe players like De Jong, Bellamy and Petrov, have been given their chances and stood up to be counted. We have quality players like Johnson, Kompany, Robinho, Santa Cruz, Abebayor, Onouha, to come back from injury/suspension. Everything on and off the pitch is rosy. Is it really necessary to try to find something to be negative about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.