Is Jovetic striker or midfielder ?

01Bluefan said:
Is it just me or does
anyone else think that he would be vying for Silva's position.

Depends on the formation. His preferred position is just behind the striker. Silva normally play a little deeper in midfield.

nikoman said:
TonyM said:
I think it'll be hard to lock 2 players into 1 role except for winger or out and out striker.

Central striker------- Negrado, Dzeko, Aguero
Roaming forward---- Aguero, Jovetic, Nasri, Silva
Pure winger---------- Navas, Salvio (if its true that we are in for him), Milner
Roaming midfielder-- Silva, Nasri, Jovetic
Midfield 2 from------- Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Milner, Garcia, Barry

It'll be a very interesting start of the season. Has anyone even figured out our formation under Pellegrini yet? I thought we'd tell from the friendlies but I'm not sure. Seems to me to be a 4231?

Can't wait to see all the new guys on the field together.

Pellegrini is more likely to play with a 4-2-3-1 formation, at least he played like that at Malaga.

So, something like this?

51eb74fe3b28f.jpg

Caveman said:
Firasdo said:
We couldn't sign Isco who is an attacking midfielder, so will Jovetic fill that position ?
Yes.

I wouldn't call him a midfielder, much like Navas isn't. He's a forward, but certainly not a striker. He has played up front, he may well have even done well there, but he was it filling in for Fiore when they were short of strikers. In a 4231 his position is either left or central in the 3. If we're playing him as a striker it will be if Agüero and Guidetti are injured and Džeko and Negredo are suspended.

He's not a striker, like Lescott isn't a left back or like Richards isn't a centre back - they can play in those positions and may even play well there but they aren't players of that position.

There will be five players playing for three positions in a 4231 very often next season: Jovetić Silva Navas Nasri and Milner. There will be combinations of all of them in different games.

So we've signed the new ......

ManCity-Clough-12x8.jpg

noise said:
Dumfries Dave said:
I honestly think Dzeko will start next year as a regular although I'm maybe in the minority.

This lad (although I've not really seen him) sounds the part. Exciting times.
Yup, this has Jovetic-Dzeko partneship written all over it.
I can see Džeko being sold either this window, January or next Summer after not playing a great deal this season.

The Pink Panther said:
Caveman said:
Firasdo said:
We couldn't sign Isco who is an attacking midfielder, so will Jovetic fill that position ?
Yes.

I wouldn't call him a midfielder, much like Navas isn't. He's a forward, but certainly not a striker. He has played up front, he may well have even done well there, but he was it filling in for Fiore when they were short of strikers. In a 4231 his position is either left or central in the 3. If we're playing him as a striker it will be if Agüero and Guidetti are injured and Džeko and Negredo are suspended.

He's not a striker, like Lescott isn't a left back or like Richards isn't a centre back - they can play in those positions and may even play well there but they aren't players of that position.

There will be five players playing for three positions in a 4231 very often next season: Jovetić Silva Navas Nasri and Milner. There will be combinations of all of them in different games.

So we've signed the new ......

ManCity-Clough-12x8.jpg

That shirt would be so much nicer without the shield. Why did they feel the need to add a shield to that one then?

Stoned Rose said:
Firasdo said:

He's best in behind the striker but can play as a striker, left sided forward, 'winger' or left sided midfielder.
how effective is he in left wing/midfield though?

NoahCity said:
Stoned Rose said:
Firasdo said:

He's best in behind the striker but can play as a striker, left sided forward, 'winger' or left sided midfielder.
how effective is he in left wing/midfield though?

More effective than striker not as effective as behind the striker ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.